𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
XXV. overworked

 overworked

                    JOHN AND SYBIL PULLED UP TO the place Meg instructed them to meet up at. Sybil had grown tired from her using the mist on the drive there. Usually using the mist wouldn't wear her out, but she had been casting the same spell to improve her powers all day. As she tried to muster up the remaining strength she had to pull off the stunt her father had planned, her door opened and was carried out of the car by John.

"You ready, Sybs?"

Sybil just nodded as her father carried her into the warehouse. The seven-year-old clutched her father's jacket out of anxiety as he got closer to where Meg waited for the two of them. All though she didn't know exactly where Meg was at, she could feel her presence and the darkness that resided in her.

As John walked past the pipes, he stopped at one lever and examined it. Sybil watched out of curiosity while her father climbed up the ladder, examining the pipes on the roof.

"What are you doing," Sybil questioned in a whisper, already nervous at the transaction that was about to go down.

"Just trying to see something."

As her father continued to look around, Sybil felt a sudden strength in Meg's presence, causing her to whisper-yell, "hide!"

John instantly hid behind the tank that was built on the roof as Meg looked around below where the two were standing. Once she had walked away, John let out a sigh of relief as Sybil tried to steady her breathing. John put his daughter down before climbing up the tank, opening the hatch once he stood on the highest step. He grabbed the rosary in his hand as he spoke in Latin, dropping it into the water once he finished. He closed the hatch and climbed down, picking Sybil up once more and began making his way towards Meg.

                    AS HE FINALLY MADE IT TO the main room where Meg had been waiting, his steps caused a creaking noise, grabbing Meg's attention instantly. The pixie blonde turned over her shoulder, revealing an amused smirk at the presence of the two Winchesters.

"John, you made it. Too bad, really. I was hoping to kill more of your friends."

This comment instantly made Sybil roll her eyes out of annoyance. Although Sybil was nervous, Meg never failed to annoy her with her whole cliché villain vibe.

"Aw, I'm sorry, Princess. Did you not like my little joke," Meg asked, pouting at the little girl. "Don't worry. I'll learn what makes you laugh during our time together."

John felt a pang of overprotectiveness in his chest and decided to butt in the conversation. "Sorry to disappoint."

Meg's gaze returned to John. "I can see where your boys get their good looks. A few more years until the little one is a heartbreaker. Though I must admit, considering what they say about you, I thought you'd be taller."