𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑
XXVII. Stopping Death

 Stopping Death

                    THE PALE, FLUORESCENT LIGHTS CAUSED SYBIL'S eyes to flutter open, slowly coming back to consciousness. Her sudden movement made Sam look up towards her direction, causing him to smile. He had been worried for his whole family, so seeing someone up and alive was comforting to him. Sybil struggled in sitting up, realizing that she was wearing a chest brace.

"Hey, Bubs," Sam greeted.

Sybil furrowed her eyebrows as she sat up in a more comfortable position. "Bubs? Is that your new nickname for me?"

Sam shrugged. "I dunno. Dean calls you shortcake, so I wanted to have something of my own."

"I like it," Sybil smiled.

"I gotta go tell your doctors you're up so that they can check on you," Sam stated as he stood from his seat.

"Are Dean and Daddy okay," Sybil questioned before Sam had the opportunity to fully exit the room.

Sam gave her a sad smile. "They haven't woken up yet, but I'll make sure that you'll know once I do."

Sybil just nodded and laid back into her bed. As she rested her eyes, she heard Dean's voice screaming throughout the halls. She jolted up, attempting to leave the bed before realizing she was hooked up to machines.

"Deanie?"

Instead of her eldest brother, a doctor walked in. "Hi, Sybil. How're you feeling?"

Sybil let out a disappointed sigh, but it wasn't loud enough for the doctor to hear. A tight smile formed across her lips as she responded, "I'm okay. My head hurts a little though."

"That's good," the doctor said. "You weren't on the side of impact, so your injuries aren't as major as your father and brother's. You do have a couple of broken ribs, so don't be playing too hard now."

Sybil just nodded and plastered on a fake smile as the doctor finished his checkup, giving her the medication she needed. During all of that, she couldn't help but feel Dean's presence throughout the hospital.

When the doctor finally gave the young girl the okay to be roaming around the halls, her father's room was the first place she decided to stop by. There, she met with both John and Sam, causing the two to smile. Seeing Sybil walking was the silver lining to their current nightmare. The young girl dragged her IV beside her as she got closer to the two men.

"Hi, Daddy," Sybil smiled. "Are you okay?"

John nodded, smiling back at his daughter. "Yes, honey, I'm fine."

"How's Deanie?"

Both John and Sam's smile dropped. Although they hadn't said a word, Sybil instantly caught on. She exhaled sharply while nodding.