Chapter 13 : Soul Mates

I pulled back as he rested his forehead on mine, I fisted his shirt in my hand. It was unbelievable that I actually made the first move. But he probably doesn't know what soul mates are.

"Wow." he sighed, I looked up to his face from his shirt. Noticing that adorable grin playing on his lips, I felt myself smiling, a feeling I never felt in a long time suddenly burst out inside me. Happiness.

"You seem impressed. " I teased.

He rolled his eyes, "Mm, not that impressed." I stepped back from him and raised an eyebrow.

"Hey! Don't mess with me, Kent."

He chuckled, taking a step closer to me, instantly wrapping his arms around my waist. "I can't believe I did that." I mumbled.

"Did what?"

"Kissed you," I blushed, "I'm gonna be honest, I've never... Felt this way for anyone." I admit, heck I didn't even kiss anyone before I met Clark.

"Me neither."

I snapped my eyes back to Clark in shock, "But I thought you felt this way for Lois." I said, I'm not sure it was a good idea to bring up her name. His face fell, probably of disappointment.

"I felt something for her, but it's not like what I feel now?" he explained.

"And what do you feel now?" I was scared of what his answer might be. I was scared I wouldn't like it but at the same time I wanted to know. I needed to know.

"With Lois, it felt like I had someone to fall back to when things get rough. It felt like I wasn't alone, it felt like I just had to be with her. I wanted to be with her." his hold around me went tighter. "With you, it's completely different. It feels like I've known you most of my life. It's like I get this urge to protect you, I can't picture you with anyone else because I picture you with me. I picture you standing at the doorway waiting for me, I picture holding you every night and waking up to see your face every morning. I picture how we would walk hand in hand. This feels like toxicity, but at the same time it feels so right. You're alluring and I can't escape. I don't want to escape. I want you. I need you. " he says. My mind was filled with racing thoughts.

One thing flashed in my mind.

I think I'm falling in love with him.

"I need to...tell you something." I admit, "My kind, elementals, we have soul mates. It's an unbreakable bond of love, once it's been accepted no power can separate two souls."

"Really?" I nod in response and he smiles, "Can I know more?" he asks.

"Well, there's two sides to having a soul mate. The one I already explained, when you accept the bond. The other... The other is when you reject the bond." I said, feeling anxious, what if he rejects me?

"Reject the bond?"

"Yeah, rejecting the bond is like tearing a hole through your soul. For elementals when one is rejected they turn to the dark side. All the good inside you dies , your sanity is gone and you just ... Become something evil ." I explained, shivering with distaste thinking about rejection.

I feel his warm hands cup my chin ,making me look at him . "You scared I'm going to reject you?" He asks ,I nod hesitantly and slowly.

Then realization strikes me , he knows!

"Wait you knew?" I asked with disbelief.

He responds in a nod and I push myself away from him ,"How did you know ?"

"Amora and Adiya ,they told me but never went into any detail ." he explained , I suddenly felt anxious with my palms becoming sweaty.

"And? Now that you know, it's clear that your feelings for Lois is still strong. It's understandable that you'd want to reject me. " I said ,letting out a shaky breath as each word I uttered stung me in the chest. Like a million needles piercing into my heart with no mercy .