Part Two : Chapter 8

Elora POV

The suspense that lingered in the air was heavy. Almost as if a huge grey cloud covered the blue skies, leaving us cold and miserable at some point. I slowly walked into Bruce's mansion, holding onto Adiya because of the exhaustion that weighed me down.

I could feel Clark's burning gaze on the back of my head, but I would deal with him later. Now, I need to see my friend, give him reassurance.

Diana opened the door to Bruce's room and sucked in a deep breath in anxious anticipation. Would he be glad to know I'm okay? Would he ever recover? What would happen to him?

I let go of Adiya and she opened her mouth to speak but I quickly shook my head. "I'm fine, Adiya, I'll be okay." I speak softly before going into his room.

His dark curtains were drawn closed, making his already dark room even darker. The only light reflecting in the room was by his nightstand where the bedside lamp was lit. I could see his sleeping form under his black sheets. I walked over to his bed and sat next to him. I'm seeing him more clearly for the first time in months.

His unruly grown beard, the dark circles that was under his eyes due to sleepless nights of constant worry. This is the man I should have loved, a man that gave up everything for me. But my heart just doesn't agree with me.

I reached out and took his hand in mine, "Bruce?" I called out to him softly, watching his eyebrow lightly crease.

"I know you're pretending to sleep." I said and watched him slowly open his eyes. He looked at me in shock with his lips parting a little bit.

"No, no y-you're not... Real... You... You were gone. They took you from me, th-this isn't real." he began to ramble, I shook my head and cupped his cheeks.

"Bruce," I pushed his hair out of his face to try and calm him down as he began tossing and looking around in fear, "It's me, I'm right here with you, I came back."

He snaps his gaze back to me and I lean forward to give him a kiss on the cheek. He cups my hand that held his cheek and starts to take slow breaths.

"Elora?" I lean back and watch him calm down, he keeps repeating my name over and over, softly before closes his eyes and let's sleep take over.

"The medication is still affecting him."

I looked at Clark, trying my best to hold back my anger and be calm. "I think I'm gonna go get some rest. Being tortured and injected like some test subject sure tired me out." I stood up slowly, stopping Adiya when she rushed over to me.

"Clark, will you help me?" I asked, he looked stunned but then nodded. He wrapped an arm around my waist and I tried to ignore the sudden tingles shooting up my spine.

He helped me back to my room, it was much neater now than when I was kidnapped. The bed was made and the curtains were drawn back to invite in the natural light. I sat down on the bed and looked up at Clark. He couldn't even look back at me.

"I don't feel pain anymore."

I broke the silence, just to see if he would reply back. But he only glanced at me once and then looked around the room. "They injected me with kryptonite to make our baby weak. They planned on killing me after I give birth. But I kept trying to fight back. It was so strange, before when he would kick I would tumble over. Now I can barely feel him kicking." I placed a hand on top of my belly, hoping to at least feel him kick again.

"Funny thing is I don't know if it's because there might still be kryptonite in me. Or if it's your presence, but I feel like he's... Calm."

Still nothing from him, he was just silent.