Chapter 22 : Bad News Or Good?

Elora POV

I watched Bruce grip onto the chair for support. I stepped forward to help him but he held his hand out for me to stop.

"Bruce I -"

"It's okay." he cut me off. "I - I understand." he says.

Is it me or is the room spinning?

I don't think I will be okay if I lost Bruce. His my only true friend. What do I tell Clark? How will he react to this? What if Clark and Bruce decide to create a war again? I can't lose any of them.

My head began to throb, I groaned and clutched the side of my head with my hand.

"I'm stupid to think I could ever be with you. You and Clark are perfect for each other." Bruce said, chuckling, his voice was echoing in my head adding onto the sudden pain. I tried to talk but I couldn't.

"I... I was going to ruin something special for you just because I was selfish. I'm so... Elora?"

My vision was hazing in and out, going dark for one moment and brightening up the next. I think I'm gonna be sick.

I saw Bruce looking at me with concern and I gripped his hands for support. Everything felt so uncomfortably hot and it made me even more sick.

"We need to get you to the hospital."

Thay was the last thing I heard before fell forward into Bruce and everything went dark.

****

Clark POV :

"You're late, Kent." it feels great to be back at the office. All thanks to Elora, I made a promise to make it up to her and tonight I'd fulfill that promise.

"Sorry Perry, traffic has been terrible this morning." I said with a small smile, Perry nodded his head and remained silent for a moment. He shocked me when he patted my shoulder.

"It's good to have you have you back." he states and I nod in agreement.

"It's good to be back." I reply, as he walks away I look around the office. Everyone was busy as usual, I missed this place and the energy around here. I placed my bags down on my desk and sat down with a heavy, relieved sigh.

My thoughts drifted to Elora, I'm not good enough for her. I took out the note she left me in my bag and fiddled it with my fingers for a while. Inspecting her cursive writing. I opened up the note and smiled.

'Remember, storms may be dangerous but there's always a rainbow at the end of every storm. You're my rainbow, so I will fight through every storm just to see you.'

I know she sees my doubts from time to time. But she's just too perfect for me, even when I am 'superman' I still feel like...nothing. Just some simple farm boy living a dream life he can never have. Elora is successful, she's smart, she's strong. She's too good for me, sometimes I feel like she's only with me because she's forced to be with me and I can never really make her happy. Not in the way she really wants.

"Hi Clark," I look up and instantly groan on the inside when I see Lois, "It's been a while." she shrugs with a wide smile.

That smile would have made my heart skip a beat. It would've made everything in this room brighten up. It would have made me happy. But now, it just annoys me. I realized that Lois only loved me for Superman, not for 'me'. She used me to gain fame.

"Lois," I say with no interest, I put down the note, "What can I do for you?" I asked, her eyes widened for a moment before she shook her head.

"Um, I just wanted to say... I'm sorry about everything." she says apologetically and plays with her fingers.

"It's okay, Lois. It's all basically...in the past now and I've moved on." I say, turning around and opening up my laptop.

"Really? So, you have someone?" I rolled my eyes and faced her again with my head tilted.

"Yes, I have someone very special and she's perfect." I answered shortly, she nodded her head and looked down.

"It's not Elora Cohen by any chance, is it?" she asked, I looked at her in shock.

"How do you know that?" I asked curiously, she shrugged.

She smiled innocently, too innocently, "Oh, I just heard from my sources." she said, "Okay, I'll leave you to it, welcome back Clark." she says. I frown when she walks away but shrug it off. But that doesn't stop me from wondering what she knows about and it seems to me like it's something big.

I would ignore it, for now, but first I need to get into work and some planning.

.
.
.
.

Elora POV

I slowly opened my eyes, I looked around at the white walls, wait white? Where am I? I saw Bruce sitting on a chair next to me. If I could talk I would but my throat felt as dry as a desert.

He looked up at me and sucked in a breath, "You're awake, thank goodness." he gripped my hand in his.

"Water." I croaked, ugh my voice sounded like a crow. Bruce rushed to get a glass from the bedside table and poured some water in from the jug.

He helped me sit up before bringing the glass to my lips. I chugged down ever drop, Bruce took the glass away before brushing a few strands of my hair out of my face. I only realized now he was sitting right next to me on the bed.

"Where are we?" I asked softly.

"You fainted, so I rushed you to the hospital. The doctor said he had some important news to tell you. He should be here in a moment." Bruce explained.

Fainted? I never faint, or get sick without reason. What the hell is wrong with me?

"I'm sorry Elora." I looked up at Bruce and sighed before putting my head on his shoulder.

"No Bruce, I'm sorry, I just can't lose you. You're my best friend." I said exasperated with heavy tiredness.

"Well, I shouldn't have put you in a difficult position." he smiled, I returned a weak smile to him.

Gosh, what's wrong with me? I felt perfectly fine this morning, okay I have been throwing up recently. But I blame that on Clark's cooking. Okay, my cooking. I'll admit I cannot make good food.

A doctor came in with a clipboard, suddenly I was nauseous and my heart was racing. The doctor looked at me with a smile. He looked like he was in his forties with his peppered  hair.

"Miss Cohen, your results back and I'm sure you would both be very happy to know this." he said smiling between Bruce and I.

I shook my head but Bruce answered before I could, "We're not together, we're just friends." I looked at him in shock.

"Oh, alright," I snapped my attention back at the doctor, "well, it seems like congratulations are in order. You're pregnant."

My eyes widened at the news, "I'm pregnant?"