Chapter 20: Regaining Normality

Elora POV

I slipped on my black pencil skirt dress and threw a white blazer over, yep, back to work I guess. I sighed while sitting on the edge of my bed, a small smile playing on my lips as I turned my head to see Clark. Still sleeping soundly, snoring as usual that keeps me up at night sometimes. But it feels like home when he's here.

I sent Aurora with Adiya for training. She's getting quite well, I'm seeing her true side more and more and it's relieving to see her in a better state. I picked up my black heels and slipped them on before heading out of the room. Entering the kitchen I tried not to make much noise, I began making some breakfast for Clark before I go off to work. Pancakes, some bacon and eggs along with a bagel.

I stacked it all up and placed it in the microwave, I wrote a note for him on a sticky note and put it on the fridge before picking up my bag, my keys and my coat.

Before I went out our apartment, I looked around and smiled. Our perfect little home. Well, I never stayed in my apartment much. I always slept in my office until Clark showed up. A month ago we agreed to move in together in my apartment. Bruce went back to Gotham city, Diana went back to London and as for Clark and I, we're still working on some things.

I sighed in content and went out the front door. For the first time, things feel better, brighter and more perfect. I only hope that it stays this way.

.
.
.
.

"I thought we had an agreement on this." I said, my eyes were shut tight and I pinched the bridge of my nose. I sat in the boardroom with all these oafs. Sean, Javier and Brian were all in their mid forties, they all own a very small share in my company but act as if they run everything. Because I've been out of work for... Let's say more than a month they've been on my last case.

Just when I thought life was perfect.

"The fact remains, Miss Cohen, you abandoned your work for months. You're negligence could ruin our business!" Brian yelled.

I opened my eyes, shooting a deathly glare at him, "Our?" I asked and began to chuckle, "I'm sorry, our business? If it wasn't for me who took each of your own businesses out of debt and willingly gave you a share in my business just to stabilize your capital you would not be here today! And second this," I gestured around the room, "This is my business which I built up by myself." all of them began to look at each.

I could hear some of my employees talk from outside the room and it only made my anger boil more.

"What's happening in there?"

"I don't know, but it serves Elora right. She can't just take off whenever she wants just because she's a boss."

I wanted to punch whoever said that.

"Please, she must've taken off for family emergency reasons. Plus, she's the boss and she's always been working her ass off. I'd say it's a good thing she took off, she needed a break."

"Hey, when I needed a break she couldn't even give me a days break."

"That's because you wanted a break for your face lift appointment, Sandra."

"I think that's enough, gentlemen."

I snapped out of my thoughts, turning to the doorway of the boardroom. I was shocked to see Bruce, sporting his signature smirk in a black suit. I frowned at him in confusion as did the others in the room. He walked over and took a seat at the table next to me. He shot me a smile and nodded his head at the men.

"Now, I understand that each of you may have some concerns pertaining Elora's company in which you hold shares in." Bruce noted, putting emphasis on my name while gesturing to me.