Part Two : Chapter 4

Clark was sent flying through the rubble by Bruce.

Bruce had an upper hand with his kryptonite filled weapons. Clark was bruised, more bruised than what he was when they first fought. Bruce watched in satisfaction as Clark crawled away slowly.

"You think you're so powerful because of your powers." Bruce taunted while  inching closer to Clark.

Clark glared at the ground in front of him, feeling as if he were drowning and unable to swim to the surface for air. His chest burned and ached for just a little air.

Bruce chuckled darkly when he saw this and slammed his foot down on the great Superman's back. Clark's face slammed down onto the floor, he slowly and painfully lifted his head and spat out some blood.

"Your suffering is not worst than hers," Bruce put emphasis on the last word and felt the urge to attain revenge, visions of her sickly pale complexion and the painful sounds of her whimpers and yells invaded his mind. At this point, he did not even care if he were to kill Clark.

"She needed you, begged for you to come back to her in her sleep. She cried, she barely eats because of you. She is suffering because of you!" he yells and collides his foot into Clark's face and Clark groans while tumbling onto his side.

"She gave you love, she gave you a new life and you took it for granted!" Bruce yelled, Diana stomped through the rubble behind him, trying to end this before it gets any worse.

Arthur, Victor and Barry was trying to get everyone away from the scene. Some civilians were trapped and Victor easily removed the rubble and gave them a pathway to safety.

"Bruce is going to kill him!" Victor yelled over the loud sirens and other noises.

"Diana went in to stop them!" Barry said in the same tone as Victor.

"Well then she better do it fast, I'm not resurrecting a kryptonian again." Arthur grumbled and they all heard a familiar battle cry from the Amazonian.

Diana smashed her gauntlets together with a cry and sent both Bruce and Clark flying back. Which was a big mistake. Everything came crashing down on them. But Clark and Diana would be fine, it was Bruce that was a concern.

....

Clark coughed out and waves his hand in the air to moved the dust in his face. He glanced around in shock, feeling his strength slowly pump back into his veins and began moving the rubble off of him.

"Bruce!" Diana yelled, digging through the rubble with panic.

Bruce wasn't giving any response, she didn't know if he was okay or not. Of course he wouldn't be okay. What human could ever be okay after a crumbling kryptonian ship falls down on them?

"Bruce!" she yelled again, feeling tears slip down her eyes. She could never forgive herself if anything happened to him. Especially if she's the one that caused the ship to crumble down.

She heard a groan behind her and quickly turned around. Feeling a slight disappointment when she saw Clark instead. She stood up and glared at him.

This was a fight between the Batman and Superman. But Diana felt the urge to fight Clark herself.

Arthur, Victor and Barry came through, seeing the showdown between Wonderwoman and Superman. But no trace of Bruce.

"I'll start looking for Bruce, make sure those two doesn't end up trashing this place even more." Victor instructed and began scanning the area.

Barry dashed and stood between the two with his hands held up. "Come on guys, now is not the time to go all boom bam." Barry says, throwing a few punches in the air.

"Get out of the way, Barry." Diana growled, her glare never left Clark. Her only mission is to get justice for her two best friends. Bruce and Elora.

"N-no, I... I'm afraid I can't do that." Barry said softly, slowly starting to feel fear and a little uncomfortable.

"Arthur!" Barry yelled and Arthur grabbed a hold of Diana. She yelled out and fought in his grip.

Barry felt a breeze behind him and froze. He slowly turned around and saw Clark with his fists closed tightly and his face contorted into fury.

"Uh... Hi?" Barry squeaked, Clark threw a punch at Barry which he quickly dodged. Barry began running in circles, trying to get away from Clark.

Diana burst free from Arthur's grip and tackled Clark down. Punching him multiple times in the face. He smashed his head against hers and she fell back with a painful groan. She gasped as Clark wrapped a hand arpund her neck and lifted her into the air. She was thrown back and landed in a ditch.

She shut her eyes tight in pain.

"Clark stop!" Victor yelled, making the man turn his attention to the cyborg.

Víctor was the one that got the message from Alfred before the connection got cut. "Elora is in trouble, have some humanity in you and help us save her." Victor said, Clark flinched at the name. His concern for her overtook his anger.

Diana opened her eyes and heard heavy breathing beside her. She turned her head and gasped, "Bruce!"

Arthur rushed to Diana as she slowly and painfully stood up. Arthur began lifting the big piece of rubble off Bruce.

He was already unconscious, bloodied up and bruised badly. Diana fell to her knees beside him, "We need to get him out of here now." Arthur says and carefully picks Bruce up.

"What about Elora?" Clark asks.

.
.
.
.

The room around her was dark, except for the single light above her. She watched it swing around, listened to the buzzing noise of the insects attracted to the light.

Elora was strapped to a metal table. 'I need to get out of here.'

She noticed a needle pushed into her arm connected to a tube. Green liquid was running through the tube and into her arm.

"It's kryptonite," she snapped her head to the side.

"Who said that?" Elora asked, adrenaline kicked into her veins as she feared for the worst.

"Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die. " Lex Luthor says, turning on all the lights.

Elora looked at his new appearance, he no longer had an inch of his strawberry blonde hair. He was completely bald, his smirk was sinister like and it made Elora mad.

"Ever heard that poem by
Mary Elizabeth Frye?" he asked, Elora stayed silent just hoping to get a way out of here.

"It's a poem about death, obviously." he rolled his eyes and grabbed a stool and sat next to her.

"It's funny, because you're supposed to be the strongest of all the heroes. So why is little baby Kent killing you?" he asked, brushing his fingers softly over Elora's bony cheek.

"That... Is what I'm going to find out." Lex says with a smirk and chuckles.

Elora's eyes widens in fear.

No one can save her now.