Chapter 8: Make Me A Rainbow

As we flew in my private jet, I looked out the window and looked at the clouds. As a child I always wished to be a bird, maybe an eagle. Soaring through the sky, feeling the breeze of freedom and the rays of the sunset washes over me. I'd sit on a country field and lay in the luscious green grass and just be free. Free from everything. Free from prying, illusive thoughts. Free from the weight of danger.

"What are we doing?"

I looked towards Clark and shrugged, I already had to tolerate the scolding he gave me on the drive to the airport. So I ignored him and looked back out the window.

I could feel his eyes burning a hole in the side of my head. I rolled my eyes, but that didn't stop the warm feeling that washed over me. Along with my heart racing.

"So, you're just going to ignore me?"

Again, I kept looking out the window and sighed. I was suddenly pulled back harshly, I landed on his chest and blushed. "What the hell man?!" I yelled, glaring up at him. I fisted my hand in his shirt. God this feels so right... Wait what?

"I figured this would be the only way I get your attention." he stated, I only realized now I was seated next to him. He tightened his grip on my wrist tightened and I gulped. Feeling my cheeks heat up more. I felt sparks course through my body. What's happening?

"You okay?" he asked with concern.

I nodded, unable to find words. Gosh this never happens to me. "Uh, y-yeah I uh... Just... Tired I guess." I said. It wasn't a lie, all that fighting made me really tired.

He let out a little laugh, oh Hercules and crackers he's laugh is so perfect. "Go sleep for a while, I'll wake you up before we land. Wherever we're landing." he said. I nodded and was about to get up but he pulled me back down. I frowned and looked at him with confusion.

"I don't want you to sleep uncomfortably." he says, noticing my questioning looks. I felt my eyelids grow heavy, I don't have the strength to fight back. I just nodded and lay my head on his shoulder.

Oh Mr Kent you make me feel like I am home. You're softening my heart of stone slowly in matter of days...

***

Clark POV

Silent....

Fast....

Courageous....

Intelligent....

That was Lois' characteristic and I loved it. I loved her.

Dangerous....

Addictive....

Poisonous....

She screams toxic... But she's a character of desire....

Her round face is covered by her dark locks. I itch just to move it out of the way, just to see if she's real. I feel her heartbeat. I hear her soft snores. She's perfection. But she's not Lois.

I sighed and looked at Elora, I remember the first time I met her. She looked... Lost... In pain. For some reason I wanted to erase that pain just to see a smile on her face.

But she...she's closed off. Her walls built high. Maybe this is good for me... To have her help me. But what is her story? How did she become a hero?

"Elora." I shook her shoulder gently, but she frowned and puffed, snuggling closer to me. My heart literally melted at the sight.

I pushed back a few strands of her hair out of her face with a shaky hand. In a sudden her eyes fluttered open. Revealing those diamond eyes, she looked at my hand before drifting her eyes upto my face.