Chapter 9: Jar Of Hearts

I pulled into the driveway of our cottage. I built this a few months after I opened up my company, this is like a getaway place. Or in this case, a runaway. It's close to the kingdoms ruins but not close enough to be noticed.

It's built close to a cliff, looking over the sea. A clear view of the sunrise and the sunset. Father used to sit here everyday. That was when mother became cold, then their love died. He fell into despair. Broken inside.

"This seems cozy." Clark said, I jumped, my heart almost leaped out my chest.

"Damn I forgot you were here." I muttered and turned off the engine of the car. I climbed out and shut the door seeing two familiar Range Rovers next to my car. They're here. I helped Clark with the bags and headed to the porch.

"She's here!" I heard Amora say from inside. Super hearing is the best cause I can also hear Cade babbling and gurgling.

"There's more people inside?"

"Yeah there is. My sisters." I answered Clark and opened the door. They both were about to yell at me before seeing Clark's tall and muscular figure next to me and froze. They kept glancing between us and gulped.

"Uhh, hi." Clark said with an awkward wave.

"Hi." they said in unison. Weird much. I ignored them and stepped into the house seeing Anthony (Amora's husband) and Hunter (Adiya's husband) sitting on the sofas watching Cade eat his feet. Don't they feed the kid. They looked up and smiled brightly when they saw me. I only gave them a straight face.

"Adiya told us there was something wrong. Now I see why, you got a boyfriend." Anthony teased, I smiled sarcastically.

"And you still have no brains ." I remarked, he gulped and shut his mouth making Hunter burst out with laughter and slapped Anthony on the back.

"You called them here?" Clark whispered in my ear, his breath tickled my neck and sent shivers down my spine.

"Yeah why did you call us here?" Amora asks.

"I'll explain later, I'm tired." I mumbled and passed everyone up the stairs. I stopped and realized something, there's only three bedrooms in here. Where will Clark sleep?

Someone cleared their throat behind me and I turned around, facing the devil himself. "Where will I stay?" well didn't I just think that a second ago.

"There's only three bedrooms in here, don't worry I'll take the couch, you can have the bed." I said and walked away before he could argue. I stepped into my room and sighed, the black and gold theme room holds every memory of the tears I shredded in the past.

I dropped my bags and plopped onto the sofa, you could also turn it into a bed. A sleeper couch. We put this in here because when my sisters were still single and fun we'd go out to the clubs and I'd get drunk. Then instead of putting me on my bed they'd just throw me on the couch and leave me be.

"You take the bed, I'll take the couch." Clark said and brushed past me, I shivered and opened my mouth to argue but he held up a finger to silence me.

"I've heard you enough, I've listened to you, now you will listen to me." he said, damn doggie got a bark.

I nodded, not feeling the energy to fight with him cause geez he really takes the fight outta ya.

"Fine, have the couch." I chuckled. I let him use my bathroom and I went to Amora's bathroom. I'll admit I love her lavender scented body wash products. It's so soothing, I stepped into her shower and felt the hot water graze my skin. Instantly relieving those muscles I never even knew were aching.

I looked at the mirror behind me, seeing that scar on the back of my shoulder. I glared and covered it with my hand. Sighing, I tilted my chin upward, letting the water run over my face.

"She was a woman with a jar of hearts." I whispered. Mother gave me this scar. Blunged the sword through my shoulder when I was merely twelve years old. I turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around my body.

I padded with my barefeet towards my room. Expecting to see Clark here. Disappointment flushed over me as my sisters sat on my bed, bickering like always. They stopped feeling my presence in the room.

"Elora we've waited enough. Tell us why we're here now." Adiya demands. I roll my eyes and went into my walk in closet. I put on a pair of tights and threw on a black oversized t-shirt. I let my hair flow down my back and went back out to my sisters.

I plopped onto the couch and raised an eyebrow at them.

"Let's start this from the beginning shall we..."

I snapped my fingers and mist surrounded us. Visions of our 'happy' kingdom appeared. Traders trading with foreigners. Children running down the streets with laughter.

"It all started when they woke me up ten years after they put us to sleep."

The mist shifted and showed how the witches dragged me out the coffin. My screams echoed down the stone hallways. Then it shifted to when they carved a mark of the third eye on my forehead. I howled out in pain as blood dripped out of my eyes, nose and mouth. The pain was bad. As if someone was melting my brain.

"They turned me into a monster," I was commanded to burn the entire village. They didn't know the monster they unleashed until I leg out a force of energy. So powerful it destroyed the entire castle. Almost the entire kingdom.

"Many died," flashes of burnt corpses appeared, "But some survived, in despair they fled. Creating a small village close by, the witches helped them. Put me back into that miserable sleep."

As the mist turned dark, a light showed, a village between greenery appeared. With men plowing in the dirt. Women watering vegetable plants. Tattered clothes and huts made of stone and clay.

"The villagers chose the witches as their elders, but they all knew we would rise again. So they had to do something. A couple mourned the loss of their beloved children. So the witches went to them, told them they would bear another child. This child would be powerful enough to defeat anything... Anyone. Even me."

A baby girl in a cot was revealed, vibrant green and hazel eyes. Hair both light and dark locks. Innocent some may say.

"When she was born they all thought a savior was born. But they were wrong. Not every innocent face was good indeed. For this girl had evil intentions."

The girl grew up to the age of eleven. Everyone smiled looking at her, she smiled, but it wasn't pure, it was filled with hatred.

"She killed the witches in the light of the full moon. Raising demons that were still unknown. Day walkers, Night howlers, Vikanjors and worst of all the Fradicors. The demons that could come in a swarm and kill everything in it's way. This girl was their leader. Forced to do something, the villagers had no choice, so they forced the magic into them and put the same spell they used on us on her as well. "

The girl who was now sixteen was strapped to a table, trying to fight off the villagers. But they kept chanting the spell and her screams filled with horror and pain continued until she suddenly just fell back. Eyes closed.

" They kept her in a coffin underground. Some say her screams can still be heard. But her legend was long forgotten. Our legend was still gold till today. The three sisters of the wicked world. But they say that this girl would wake up and her only intention will be to kill the youngest of these sisters. Me. She will raise apocalypse and destroy us all. "

The mist disappeared, Adiya and Amora looked at me in horror. "Wh-who is this girl?"

I looked at them and reached into my handbag, slamming a few photos on the coffee table. They quickly took it and scanned each of it.

"Her name is Raia Rose." I said. I picked up one of the photos and looked at her features.

"She goes my Aurora to make herself seem like a nightmare in a fairytale." I explained.

"She has faniliar features. It's remarkable." Amora says.

"That's because... She's our youngest sister."