Chapter 4: Smile The Worst Is Yet To Come

I drove through Metropolis, it's a cloudy day as expected. My only problem is how would I find Clark. His mother never spoke to him in months. She suggested this place.

I pulled up outside an apartment building where Lois and her new lover boy stays. Hopefully she'll have answers, after all she's the reason why I'm in this mess. I stepped out, wearing black heels, black pants, a gold and black top with a black jacket.

I sighed when a few people eyed me, wondering what a successful woman like myself is doing here. Oh trust me even I ask that question.

I walked into the building, confidently making my way to her apartment. Once I got there I knocked and waited patiently. But I felt someone eyes watching me intently and turned around seeing a little girl watching me. Her mother was on a call and the little girl just kept staring at me.

"Can I help you kid?" I asked, she stuck out her tongue at me and I frowned.

"Look kid, I'm not someone you easily mess with. So stop and I won't hit you with a bat." I said and turned back to the door, knocking again. I yelled when I felt someone tug my hair harshly. I turned around and huffed seeing the little girl glare at me. She stuck out her tongue once again and I growled.

" You little-", the door suddenly opened and I froze. There before me stood a red head looking at me with shock.

"You're... You're just the cutest little girl. Oh yes you are." I fakely said to the little girl pinching her cheeks.

"Why don't you go back to mommy and be a good little girl." I said and pushed her back to her mom, who still payed no attention to her. I looked back at Lois and awkwardly laughed.

"Uh can I help you?" she asked.

"Hm oh yes, yes you can. You see I know a guy. Clark Kent." I said, she froze at the name.

"Who are you?" she asked in a demanding tone.

"Oh feisty, but you don't need to worry. I'm no threat, you might have heard of me, the Golden Warrior. Elora Fawn Cohen?" I said, she nodded her head.

"Come in." she said and I stepped into her apartment.

"Cute apartment." I commented, scanning the living room.

"Thanks, cute outfit." she said, I smirked and looked at her.

"Thanks."

"So what do you want with Clark?" she asked out of curiosity I presume.

"Well, that's strictly between me, myself and I. I just want to know where he is. Do you know where I can find him?" I asked.

She shook her head, "No I... I haven't from him since..." she trailed off.

"Since you broke his heart." I finished and she cringed.

"I-it... I... It was -"

"No need for explanations, I just need information. Where. Is. Clark?" I pressed on, cutting her off. She gulped and went into some deep thought for a minute or two.

"I... Don't know, no one knows. Maybe you should ask my boss down at the Daily Planet. Perry, he'll know." she said, I hopped off her comfy couch and headed for the door.

"Hey wait!" I stopped and looked at her.

"Yeah?"

"Look after him. Please?" she asked.

I looked down and sighed, "Hell no, now I'm some babysitter it's enough that I have to get him out of depression God you humans are so needy." I mumbled and stormed out her apartment. I got out the building quickly and slid into my car. Speeding down to the Daily Planet.

Honestly, how do I mend him? How could I of all people make him better? I can't even erase the memories of my past. I can't even forget all those moments of torture. When Bruce discovered the ruins of our kingdom. People asked how was it forgotten? How was it destroyed? I know the answer. I know because I destroyed it. And I keep hearing their begs, their pleads. But I ignored it all.

That's when I knew I wasn't destined to love. And those witches managed to put me back to that deep slumber. I can't have a family of my own because in dangerous. Deep down everyone knows that.

I parked my car up front at the building and turned off the engine. "Here goes nothing I guess." I say to myself and get out the car.

I made my way into the building and upto the receptionist. His dull, bored face said much about his useless life. I slammed my hands onto the table making him jump. He looked at me and put on his flirtatious face while leaning forward.

"What can I do for you cutie?" he asked.

"Uh uh, firstly do I look cute to you? No? Secondly flirting ain't getting you anywhere and thirdly lead me to Perry White and I won't staple your head to you desk." I said, his eyes widened in fear and he immediately stood up, gulping and covering up his fearful gaze with a strained smile.

"T-This way m-ma'am." he stuttered, I smirked in triumph and followed him up a flight of stairs leading to an office filled with journalists and reporters and apparently a man with a short temper who I'm assuming is Perry.

"T-That's him." the receptionist says pointing a shaky finger to the man in glasses who's practically biting everyone's heads off.

"Thank you kind sir, now please be a dear and go buy me some coffee, double cream, two sugars." I said, he nodded frantically and dashed off. I watched as the workers all rushed around trying to get the job done.

"Dan stop snacking on that crackers and get to work!" Perry yelled.

"Wow, quite a temper you have." I spoke up, everyone remained silent and frozen on their spots, even Perry who kept glaring at me.

"I'm sorry, and who are you?" he asked putting his hands on his hips and gestured for everyone to carry on. Just like that everyone went back to what they were doing and I walked upto Perry.

"Elora Cohen, owner of Cohen Inc. You probably heard of me since you got drunk at one of the functions I hosted. I remembered just now." I smirked, he blushed and looked down in shame.

"So, what can I do for you Miss Cohen?" he asks, leading me away from everyone and headed towards his office .

"I know you know where Clark Kent is. You're going to tell me and I'm going to walk out as if nothing ever happened and save you the embarrassment of those pictures taken of you at the party." I said.

He nodded, "Look Clark... Clark shut himself off from everyone after the Lois incident apparently he trusted me enough an told me he'd be moving. He would work from home. But I never got any of his work, he never emailed or called or faxed in anything he's practically a ghost to most of us. " he explained. Damn... That bad huh.

"Where did he move?"

He rubbed a hand over his face and took off his glasses, "Gotham city."