Part Two :Chapter 10 I

330 Years ago....

It was like a dream within a dream, I was falling and it was endless. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think and I just kept falling. I can't close my eyes and hope to wake up because this was my reality.

I only remembering waking up from a nightmare this morning. I was covered in sweat and my heart was beating rapidly. I cannot remember anything of my past, my childhood. Mother says I was in a terrible accident that resulted in me losing my memories. But for some reason I can't bring myself to believe it. But nonetheless I carried on with my so called day to day duties as a princess.

"Daughter, where is your head today?" I turned to my mother, she kept her posture with her head held high. The servants and maids all around us rushing around to finish the decorations for tonight's ball.

"Will I ever get my memories back, mother?" I watched her flinch and I suddenly worried for her, "Are you alright?"

She nodded quickly and turned her head to me with a smile, "Let's not worry about that at this very moment. Why don't you head up to your chambers and pick your dress? Tonight we have to choose a suitor for you." she said with a tight smile. My chest pulled tight with anxiety at the mere thought that tonight would express my sorrowful future as I am promised to a cruel lord.

Hesitantly I nodded my head with a polite smile and retreated back to my chambers. A few maids glanced at me in fear and I frowned in confusion. Ever since I woke up from the accident, which I know nothing of what really happened. It's as if everyone is walking on eggshells around me. My personal maids are scared to death at the sight of me. Some of the other servants either cower away or send glaring daggers my way. It confused me, I asked my mother all about it, her answer was simply that they were angered by my accident.

Nothing of my life made any sense to me. But I can't remember anything.

Once I reached my chambers I overheard my maids talking so I made sure I was hidden. I wanted to hear what they had to say.

One of them, Victoria I believe, spoke up after their outburst of laughter, "It really is a shame she can't remember anything. But what would she have done if she did?"

"She would've killed us all. I mean after everything her majesty put her through. But I'm glad she'll be wedded off to Lord Salford. He'll set her straight, take her even." another spoke, what exactly did my mother do to me?

"Did you hear how his first wife passed? She couldn't satisfy him enough, he bedded whores in front of her. She killed herself because of his brutality towards her." Victoria said, they all went silent. I was confused, they talked as if I was some kind of villain. Was I really a bad person?

I decided to make my presence known and when I stepped out they all froze with their eyes wide in fear. I just ignored them and walked over to all the dresses laid out for me.

"Y-your highness.." I turned around to face them, making sure to be nonchalant as possible.

"Yes, what is it?"

"W-we were told not to expect you until... Later." Victoria spoke up shakily while holding a box of my jewelry. I glanced at the box suspiciously before meeting my gaze with hers.

"Well I am here now and I need to get ready. Now if you will all please looking at me as if I killed your cat and help me get ready." I demanded and turned back to the dresses. Only one stood out to me, the others had no meaning to me.

It was a velvet blue dress the linings of the corset were decorated with bedazzled embroidery. The dress itself looked like the night sky as if it were scattered with sparkling stars. It had long sleeves and did not show a lot of cleavage.