Chapter 16 : She Rises Again

"Help me!" I shook my wrist, the heavy metal cuffs around my wrists were holding me down. It was hard to get them off, the more I tugged, the more the open wound on my wrists stung and more blood seeped down my arms.

I heard growls and gasped, "Who's there?" I asked. Why the hell isn't my powers working? Where am I?

I felt claws on my bare shoulder, digging into my skin adding onto the pain. I screamed in horror as the claws made a huge gash in my shoulder. "Stop! Please stop!" I cried, hot tears streaming down my face. I let out a string of sobs as more claws clawed and scratched my body. I was drwanched in my own blood.

Burning pain soaring throughout me as the wounds kept bleeding. I fell forward onto the floor, immediately sinking in. What? What is this?

My body began sinking into the dirt beneath me and I shrieked, trying to crawl my way up.

"You killed me." a little girl stood above me as I sunk. I frowned, holding onto the hard piece of ground in front of me.

"Who are you?!" I screamed, she dropped her teddy bear, her gold locks suddenly turned blood red, her eyes were pitch black and she opened her mouth widely only to have an ear piercing screech escape. I cried out, the scream was inflicting pain in my ears and I could practically feel the blood dripping down from them.

"Please stop! Please!" I begged, I gasped as hands came up from the mud that had also now taken the colour of crimson. Each of the hands grabbed onto my limbs, trying to pull me down. I thrashed in the strong grips of the hands. More shot out to grab me, this time it covered my face, my mouth sealed shut and so was my eyes. Everything was dark.

The nails of the hands were digging into my skin. My screams were muffled, I was too weak to fight them. 'Clark please!' I thought, where is he? Did he leave?

No, he couldn't have. He should be here, he will save me.... Won't he?

I was dragged further into the mud, more clawed hands covered me until there was no escape. I pushed myself up, struggling and struggling but my efforts deceived me. It was useless! I only feel suffocation as the air around me disintegrated. I choked on my own breath, finding it hard to breath just as I submerged into the pool of blood.

Karma finally found a way to bite me in the neck...

***
Clark POV

"She's not breathing!" I panicked, seeing the color in her lips fade leaving a tint of blue. Her skin turned deadly pale, her cheekbones were defined. The warmth in her skin turned ice cold. Her heartbeat was faint, barely beating. Barely fighting. Just slowing down.

"I don't know what we can do, Clark. That crystal is only draining her more and more." Bruce said, pointing to the dark green crystal embedded in her chest.

"Then why the hell aren't we taking it out of her?!" I asked with frustration burning inside me. I cradled her in my arms, too afraid to let go.

"Because we don't know what will happen if we do! We don't know if it will kill her if we do that." Bruce yelled, I glared at him, watching him sigh before kicking at the ground next to him.

"So what? You'd rather let her suffer and die in this way?" I asked.

"He's not saying tha-"

"Of course I don't want her to suffer! I don't want her to die, don't you think that if I found a way to save her by now, I would've done it?" he asked, cutting off Diana.

"This is not the time to fight! We need to figure out a way to save Elora, before it's too late." Diana says, in a way it calmed the feud between Bruce and I. For now.