Chapter 15: Don't Fall Too Far

'Run!'

The twigs scraped against my bare feet, a layer of sweat clung against my skin. My long hair was whipping around me as my breaths came out shorter and more needy for oxygen. I looked behind me seeing the huge shadow chasing me.

The scene around me changed, I collapsed onto my knees. Gasping for breath as the air around me was tainted by heavy smoke. There were screams all around me, hurting my eardrums, the fire was burning them alive. The ground split open, engulfing them to the deepest pits of hell.

A rough hand pulled me out of my trance, in alarm I snapped my head up. The queen smiled at me in a sinister manner, bringing a chill up my spine through this heat.

"You've done well, Elora," she gestured around us, the tears immediately escaped my eyes, seeing a child burning, dead, "This is your doing Elora, the blood is in your hands." I looked down at my hands that was soaked in thick, red liquid. "They feared you for all the right reasons. You were supposed to be a savior Elora, not a killer, not a murderer."

She tangled a fist in my hair and tugged harshly, the pain was bearable, but it didn't compare to the pain inside of me. The pain of killing all these innocent people. Mother was right, I'm a monster. I held back a sob, but I couldn't contain the power surging within me. Begging to be released, the chilling sound of powers could be heard.

My arms had some kind of energy around it, glowing faster and faster. Everything I felt all at once, pain, guilt, sadness and regret.

I pulled my arms back and screamed as loud as I could, it was all hitting me. The wave was huge, almost like a power surge that burned everything down. I panted when the air settled, standing up from my crouched position.

Nothing could control me, not even the good side of me. I was possessed by my own evil. I looked behind me, the queen has fallen.

She laid on her back, the power that erupted from within me.

I smirked and sat on my knees beside her quivering body. "On her might, she rides the stead." I sing softly, yet dangerously eery.

Her eyes widened, sensing the dripping danger from my voice. "Her noble men, by her side." I ran a finger down her face as I sung. Swiping up her blood from the side of her face. I held my finger with her blood upto my face.

"But when the queen fell," I leant down to her ear and whispered, "And so did her crown."

I trailed my hand down to her chest, allowing it to linger. "My, my your highness. You're weak, I thought you were better than this." I cooed.

She began to whimper, "How could you let your own slave defeat you?" I asked sweetly, pressing my hand down on her chest to feel her beating heart.

"How could you let your own weakness..." I pressed my hand further down onto her chest, she began crying, poor baby, "How could you let me kill you?" I grinned wickedly, my hand ripped through her chest, reaching her heart that was beating wildly in my closed fist. I chuckled and ripped her heart out of her chest.

I stood up, cradling her heart in my hand. "And so the queen fell." I sang.

.
.
.
.
.

I gasped as ice water was dumped on my face, it felt like millions of needles was piercing through my skin. I panted and looked around, the only light in this room was probably the light above me. Everything else was dark, I couldn't even tell who was in the room with me and God it reaked in here. Are we in a damn sewage system?