Part Two : Chapter 7

Elora POV

I watched my mother closely, judging her every movements just like I had when I was a child. When she still adored me as her daughter.

"You need to stop looking at me like that." she said, keeping her gaze on the book in front of her. She never aged like I expected, she's still alive which was a major shock to me.

"Like what? Like I used to, when you still had a heart?" I asked, I was yet again strapped to a table. But it seemed my question threw her off as she looked at me immediately.

"I don't know what to say, you were a pessimistic child. I didn't have the heart to tell you how much I hated you." she said, the frustration etched onto her face as her nostrils flared.

"But you still cared," I smiled to myself, I glanced around the room feeling my eyes swell with tears just itching to slip out, "What happened? What did an innocent child have to do to deserve her own mother's hatred? More so had to cover her identity because of her mother's jealousy." I pursed my lips and looked at her.

"You wouldn't understand -"

"Oh I wouldn't? I wouldn't understand why my own mother wants to destroy both me and my unborn baby? Exactly what won't I understand mother?!" I asked, there's that ache of sadness, like a vulture preying on it's meal, the sadness was eating on my heart.

"You tell me first, how does it feel to be rejected by your own mate?" she smirked.

"You should know." I answered.

I remembered the day mother and father rejected each other, Amora and Adiya were gone for training and I was alone in my room. Then I heard the yells, the glass shattering onto the floor and my mother's painful plea for help. But I understood why she was in so much pain. I only understood because I felt it too.

"Then you should know that my hatred does not only flow to you. It flows to you and your sisters. When the kingdom fell, the rest of the survivors including your father forced us into redemption. That's why Aurora was born." she stood up, walking over to the monitors and chuckled.

"Your father hated me, who could blame him? I couldn't resist the charms of his brother and fell into his trap. An honest mistake I admit, but I did something... Well tried to do something." she said softly.

"I know." I spoke up, making her look in my direction with wide eyes.

"What?"

"You think I wouldn't be able to feel the affects of a witch's spell. I felt it the night you went to that witch to make a binding spell. In return, the darkness that comes of the spell would flow into me." I explained.

"Exactly, but there was too much... Light inside you, you have too much goodness inside of you which is why the darkness is seeping into the baby as we speak. Your child is the real destruction this world will fail to see. Your child will demolish us all -"

"But you don't know that, everyone at some point called me the weapon of destruction. But I've never showed any sign of deviation in me. Which is why I know my child will be as good as I am. Don't make the same mistake of the past. Please, I know that deep don't you still care. " I begged.

I saw a flash of sympathy in her eyes, I saw a flash of who she used to be.

"I know that desperation, that feeling of loss after your mate rejects you. People think I'm not strong anymore, how can I be weak if everyday I wake up knowing that I lost the love of my life and yet still not show the pain? Each second of each day goes by and my mind is just over flowed with all the minutes, hours, days I spent with him only for him to just throw it all away! " I cried out, finally letting go of the weight on my chest.