Chapter 14: Wounds Of The Past

"It really can't be Amora." I said, holding the phone by my ear, trying to make sense of the information I've received.

"That kingdom fell years ago." I confirm, Clark enters the kitchen and looks at me with a questioning face.

"Elora what are you not understanding? This is the kingdom from the legends we were told as kids. The kingdom of the Phoenix, we're literally standing in front of it." Amora explains, I can hear the others in the background.

"Tony, get down from there!"

Amusement, flourishes over me at the sound of Tony's screams. "Alright, now I'm interested, stay right where you are. I'll be there soon." I replied with a little curiosity tickling inside me.

I jump as arms wrap around my waist, tingling flow upto my spine and I hum in content. Leaning my head back onto Clark's shoulder,"What was that all about?" he questioned.

Should I tell him?

"Amora and Adiya found some ancient ruins in the forest close to the cabin." I briefly explained, staring outside the window.

"Ruins?"

I nodded, "Some stupid legend my father always told us, of a neighboring kingdom that belonged to the Phoenix titan. I never really believed it." I shrug, just as I try to move his arms from my waist, his grip tightens.

I look over my shoulder, judging his concerned features, his creased brows and the intensity in his ocean eyes."There's something you're not telling me." he says.

"I just told you everything I know." I smirk cheekily and push out of his grip.

"Stubborn girl." he mutters.

"I have to go back though, back to the cabin to get my phone. Bruce might be worried about us." I say and brush past him to the stairs.

"Wait, Bruce?" Clark frowns, I glance at his facial expression and bite back the urge to laugh.

"Yes, Bruce, you know the incredibly handsome billionaire." I tease, I guess I just like pushing his buttons just a little bit.

His nostrils flares and his eyes turns cold. Uh oh, jelly Clarky is here. "Oh my goodness, Clark, I was just kidding." I chuckled as he let out a relieved sigh.

Now that Bruce was in my thoughts, I wondered if he was okay. He didn't call which was unusual of him and if I'm being honest I was really worried about him.

"You know what, I think we should make a stop by Bruce." I announced and dashed up to his room to retrieve my armor.

"Why?" Clark asks, following closely behind me.

"I just have a bad feeling, I can't shake it off." I answered shortly while gathering my armor, "I never heard from Bruce in a while now, it's unusual."

"So he usually checks up on you?"

"From time to time, yes." I said and looked at him.

"Uh, Clark?" he hummed in response with raised eyebrows.

"Can you get out?"

"What?"

"I need to put on my armor so... Can you get out?"

"No." he growled.

"No?"

He shook his head and I huffed, poking his chest with my finger. "Darling let me tell you a little something." I said with a flirtatious tone, his smirk appeared and I guess he thought I would cave in to his play.