15. Only with Him.

Song of the chapter:- Stand By Me by Skylar Grey 🌻

EMMA'S POV

"Who is it?", Ethan asked suddenly all of us were aware of our surrounding, too aware. I can literally feel the presence of some people who weren't from our pack. I felt the danger even before I saw, heard or smelt any of them. The wind was howling, the fire we lit was gone because of the wind, it was cold around us can I was sure we can all hear the footsteps of our attackers.

"Rouges, but they're stronger and smarter", Zach said as he came after patrolling the border to know the damage and danger. "Get the kids, and elder's out, also those who are drunk aren't coming, mom, dad you guys stay back to protect others till we're gone", Ethan started commanding others.

Me, Jack, John, Chris, Ethan, Anne and Clara were going out of the territory where as Mark, Zach, Rose, Luke, and some others were protecting the boundaries. Ethan, Anne and Clara turned into their wolves whereas me and the boys stayed humans so we can hide and easily surprise them and beat them. It was a really smart move from Ethan's side.

The forest was quiet, and out of nowhere five wolves came out and started attacking Ethan, Anne and Clara, as me and the others were hiding. Three of them went to attack Ethan at the same time. Me and the boys also came out of hiding to help the others. One of them was killed as he tried to kill me, I had no intention to kill someone but if I wouldn't have then he surely would have killed me. As we we're fighting most of them tried to attack me but failed and when their situation turned worse they left.

One thing I learned about rouges was that they weren't afraid to die mostly because they were not a part of a pack, so they would kill or die. Also these wolves were well trained unlike the other clueless rouges. When we returned to the pack we saw Jack was stabbed in his leg, Chris just had some scratches, Anne and Clara also had some minor injuries and were totally tired.

Finally my eyes fell on Ethan, who had a bruse forming on his left eye, his lip was bleeding other than that he looked good, but my world stopped spining as he fell to the ground just as we reached the border. The border fortunately wasn't attacked. So we took Ethan and others to hospital, after getting my wounds dressed which constited of three stitches on my waist because one of the wolf almost clawed my stomach out I finally went to see Ethan.

My dad came out with some tests, my mom following him, they looked sad and I knew it was something bad just by their look. They didn't want to tell us but they had to and it was torture for them, I could tell that just as my father started speaking "So, according to the tests he has been poisoned and is in coma because of that. One of the rouge might have injected it during the fight. It's a rare one, and also fast. It starts to take over the mind of the wolf that has been poisoned and then their mind starts playing tricks on them. Then their body starts to shut down", dad said looking down.

"But we're working on it, and Ethan was bought in pretty early so there are good chances of survival. We do have the cure but it takes some time for it to kick in, we've already given him the first dose we'll give the second one tomorrow morning. The antidote too if given too much can harm the wolf so we have to be careful about it", mum said trying to lighten the mood.

But it didn't work as Ethans mom was crying nonstop his dad trying to comfort her and trying not to cry himself. I was still standing outside the room everyone was trying to comfort me but I didn't hear what any of them we're saying. All the mattered to me right now was inside that damn room trying to fight god knows what. "You can go in and visit him. But we've given him sleeping meds so he won't be waking up till tomorrow morning. But you should go; In many cases it helps the patients condition if his loved ones are around", mum said specifically looking at me but I looked ay his parents, they might want to see their son.

They just gave me a kind smile and nodded for me to go and visit him. I went in and just froze. Laying there on the bed in plain white clothes, with pale and bruised face and lots of needles attached to him, he still managed to look like an angel. His hair were messy, his lips were parted just like when he sleeps, his face was completely neutral and in that moment I knew that I love him. No matter what we've been through; I fell for him in the end and that's all that matters.

But then an unfortunate thought crossed my mind that I might not be able to say that out loud to him. Or experience any other things with him, like getting married, or having a family, growing old. I've always wanted all that, and now I realised that I only want it with him.

Only with him.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Published on:- 7, April 2021.

Hellooo snowflakes. Try not to kill me for this, or you'll never get the ending of the book!! Soo how y'all doing? Well here's another chapter for you with the first fighting sequence I ever wrote (if you'd even call it a fighting sequence😳).

I hope you're all wearing masks. Take care. Spread love. ♥️

✨Don't forget to vote, comment and share for Emathan ✨

Love,
IceQueen ❣️