28. Together.

Song of the chapter:- Rescue by James Bay.

EMMA'S POV

I felt warms rays of sun on my face so I turned and snuggled my head into the hard pillow as it moved- wait, I opeaned my eyes to see my face was on Ethan's chest our limbs interwoven, his lips were a bit parted as he snored softly, that you almost can't hear it, his hair falling on his face in messy waves,  his eyebrows were set in a small frown; I ran my finger from between his eyebrows smoothing the lines when he suddenly said, "it's rude to stare", making me jump away from him and fall off of the bed with a thump.

"Damn", I mutter rubbing my ass glaring at him as he looked over to me with a small frown, "you're so clumsy princess", he said offering me his hand. I took his hand in both of mine and pulled him down with me, fortunately he fell from the bed too as he clearly wasn't expecting it. We started laughing like crazy people, but the laughter died down when he moved a strand of my hair away from my face looking at me fondly. His brown eyes looked like honey when the sunrays fell on them making my mate look more dreamy.

"You're beautiful", he said still looking at me and I laughed. "Ethan I literally woke up", I said trying to fix my messy hair as we laid on the floor but he pinned my hands on the side and kissed me.

Kissing Ethan was like maybe reading a good book, you want to know what happens next but then you don't want it to end, all you want to do is to get lost in it and never leave, it's like an escape away from reality, but then unfortunately it has to end and when it does it feels like you lost a part of yourself.

And just like that, it ended when Chris entered the room screaming, "guess who's here? Emma? Ethan? Where are you guys?", He asked as we were lying on the floor and he couldn't see us.

Ethan put a finger on his lips indicating me to stay silent but a laugh escaped my mouth causing Chris to find us in what looked like a compromising position. "Ugh, why do I always come here to find you guys having your um...hanky-panky time?", He said dramatically.

I pushed Ethan off of me, which took alot of energy, and asked, "whose here?", To which Chris's eyes lit up as he said, "Jake and Luke", causing me to squeak pushing Chris out of my way I ran down stairs forget that I was just wearing Ethan's shirt and my short shorts. I literally jumped on Jake the moment I saw him, he almost fell with the shock with then recovered wrapping his arms around me and spinning me around laughing.

When I left Golden moon, I literally didn't talk to anyone for weeks except my mother and Jake. He was there when no one else was, we just shared this connection with eachother it wasn't something romantic, it was just us. People tend to think we were romantically involved or something because of the way we acted but it just was the level of trust we had for eachother and I hadn't been away from since we met so I just missed him, specially when my other bestfriend was gone too.

Suddenly I was pulled back from Jake's arms I turned to see Ethan, with dark eyes almost black and a frown on his face but when he looked down at me his eyes softened and he said, "I'm sorry, I just get possessive".

"Hey man, can't you share your mate? I don't have one", Jake said jokingly causing everyone around us to laugh, but I can see a glimpse of sadness in his eyes. I mean he's been the Alpha for a long time now and even visited different packs to find his mate but he just didn't find her there. He was always excited about finding his mate, saying he'd do anything for her, and he still hasn't found her yet which must feel like you're missing a part of yourself or something.

Suddenly the door opeaned and Zach stumbled in looking worried as hell, covered in sweat, and all the laughter died down as he said, "Someone's at the border, you need to see it Ethan. NOW".