41. Our Home

Song of the chapter:- Invisible String by Taylor Swift

The cold wind blew against my skin as I stood alone in the empty training ground waiting for Alister as I was a bit early. This morning Ethan didn't want me to go, one because he was worried after what happened last night and two he said and I quote 'I am too comfortable to let you go' but I managed to get out of bed after bribing him with some kisses and assuring him that I'd be alright and I needed to tell Alister about what happened anyway because right now he was the only expert we had about these magical things.

"Morning, my favourite wolf", Alister said as he entered the training ground making me roll my eyes.

"Oh please, I'm the only wolf you like", was my reply.

"I like rose", he said as he analysed some swords which did scare me because I never ever tried sword fighting or any other weapons cause usually we fought in our shifted forms, and even when we weren't shifted we used more brute force whereas the guards and warriors used the weapons.

"More like, you love her", I said and regretted it immediately as he froze.

"You haven't told her yet", I realised by his reaction, "you know your secret is safe with me, I won't tell her", I tried to assure him but he just shrugged it off.

"So let's get started", he said literally throwing a small dagger at me but I somehow managed to catch it without hurting myself.

"I, um I've never used any weapons before", I said.

"I know which is why I'm going to teach you", "but I thought you'll teach me how to use my powers", I argued.

"I'll, when you learn to protect yourself I know very well you can fight but you should learn to atleast use one weapon, because what's the point of having powers if you're not able to stay alive", he said before pulling me and putting a knife at my throat. "Now show me what you got", and then the training begun.

I thought I was in a very good shape then I used to be because I trained alot with Jake and the other boys and even here with Ethan, but let me tell you, training with Alister made me realise there was so much more to learn.

He taught me a few tricks with a small dagger, and at the end of the training he had a torn tshirt and I had a small cut on my left hand which wasn't healed because ofcourse the weapons were coated with wolfsbane.

Then I told Alister about last night's events and he decided that he'll have to teach me about my power's sooner than later. We went back to the pack house to find Ethan at the main room as he saw us he ran towards us, and took my left hand into his making me flinch and when he noticed the cut which was almost his he looked furiously at Alister, "what did you do?", He growled.

"Dude back off, I didn't hurt her it just happened mistakenly, I mean we we're training", Alister replied totally offended of being accused of hurting me.

"Hey its okay, it was a mistake now calm down", I saw his eyes soften as his wolf also calmed down, soon after that Alister left and I decided to shower as I was really sweaty.

Hot shower after a tiring day is really refreshing, I felt all my muscles relax under the hot water. I always got dressed in my room because I didn't like getting my clothes getting wet so I after wrapping the towel around me I finally went into the room to find Ethan sitting on our bed with his laptop probably working, my steps flattered as I wasn't expecting him to be here but then we've seen eachother naked before so it wasn't a big deal.

But when he looked up at me, his eyes undressing me from head to toe as if I wasn't already half naked, as he slowly ran his hand through his already messy hair, licking his lower lip his eyes not leaving mine I felt like we we're just newly mated wolves, madly in love which we were but then I realised we were just staring at each other so to break the silence I said, "like what you see?"