55. It's over.

Song of the chapter:- The Great War by Taylor Swift.

EMMA'S POV

I never thought it would come to this, to me killing myself. It feels wierd to even think of it, but that's the only way left. I know I promised, but that doesn't mean I can sacrifice all these lives, ruin families who are expecting their kids, daughters and sons, to come back, they're someone's partner, sibling, child, hell some of them are just teens who've barely lived their lives, not even found their mates, I have, I know how good it feels to have met your better half then how am I suppose to take all that away from them?

The answer is I can't and I won't.

So when I close my eyes after taking one last look at the battle field, to look at my friends Rose and Alister fighting side by side even though after this war ends they'll be back at eachother's throat, and Jake who will hopefully find his mate, all the Alpha's trying to protect not only their people but everyone in general, and then my eyes land on him.

No matter where we are or what we're doing he's always the first one to catch my attention, as if feeling my eyes on him he turns around and when I pull out the dagger he probably thinks it's for Donovan until I give him a small smile, and because he can read me like an open book he shakes his head moving towards me but is tackled by another wolf, I take the chance and put the dagger to my heart, and push it.

I can feel it break through my skin, the blood running down my torso but it doesn't go any further, someone stops it. I open my eyes to find Donovan looking back at me, last face I wanted to see while almost dying to be honest, and pulls my hand back the dagger not going any deeper in my chest just breaking my skin.

"Taking the easy way out like your mother, huh?", And then he has the audacity to chuckle.

"If I go, I'll take you down with me", I say loud enough for him to hear.

"How are you going to do that? Accept it, you'll die alone just like her", he practically growls on my face.

"She's not alone, asshole", I hear Ivan speak from the back.

"You ungrateful little shit", Donovan spat before clawing at his chest sending him flying back into a tree. That gives me enough time to pull the dagger out and stab him. When I pull the dagger from my chest more blood oozes out, every breath I take hurts like hell but I manage to push the dagger to his chest.

But just as I'm about to push it he turns, one of his hand capturing mine in a strong grip, not pulling it back, he's taunting me, if I apply a little more pressure I can end him, but the thing is I can't, I'm weak, too weak to even move but that's when it happens.

The dagger cuts through his flesh, directly into his chest, his eyes are wide as he looks at me then his wound and back at me but I'm just as shocked to do anything else. That's I see him, his hands are wrapped around Donovan's neck in a tight grip and he once again pushed Donovan forward with more force and the whole dagger disappeares into his chest.

That's when Ethan steps back, the dagger slipping from my fingers as Donovan, or his corpse falls back. Everything and everyone around us is quite now no sound can be heard. Some of the wolves are escaping some of them surrendering but nobody is fighting.

It's over, finally it's over.

That's the last thought I have as I close my eyes ready to get some rest. I hear voices screaming my name, but I can't open my eyes. And then I'm falling into nothingness, dreamless sleep where no one can reach me.

I wake up multiple times but I can't move, or speak, or do anything other than hear my surroundings. I can hear machines beeping, I can smell lots of blood, and everyone around me screaming but then I'm asleep again.

When I wake up again, I manage to open my eyes this time and ofcourse it is in a hospital room. I'm shocked I'm alive because the amount of blood I lost made me think I'd die of blood loss. I'm taking in my surroundings when I see Rose sitting beside me in a chair.

I touch her hand and she jolts up, on guard ready to fight, making me chuckle.

"Oh my god you're finally awake!", She screams into my face before crushing my into a hug. She's laughing and crying at the same time.

"I missed you too", I say laughing but stop when my chest hurts.

"Shut up you bitch, I can't believe you were about to abandon me, in this world, alone", she saying pouting and even with multiple scratches around her body, bruises on her face and a cast on one hand she still manages to look somewhat cute.

"Glad to see you're not hurt", I say.

"Yeah, well it was good to catch up let me call Ethan or he'll kill me for not calling him the moment you opened your eyes", she says and exits the room.

While she's gone, I take a moment to remember what happened. Donovan died, I killed him with Ethan's help ofcourse. And as much as it shocks me it feels somewhat believable, it makes my chest feel lighter, I finally feel free, and I hope Selene, my mother, who bought me in this world, is watching and feeling the same amount of peace.

Because I don't know about other's but at this point, I finally feel like I'm free to live my life, without any threat hanging over my family or my pack.

************************
Published on:- April 3, 2023.

Hellooo guys, I guess we all agree that I don't have an updating schedule but guesss what a few more chapters and you won't have to face this problem cause well, we'll reach the end soon.

Thank you all for giving my work your time it means the whole world to me. I'll forever be grateful to you guys because without you this book won't be where it is today. And thank you for still sticking around after not getting any update for months.

I hope you're doing well, if not hang on it'll get better.

Take care, be kind.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Love,
Icequeen.