37. I am okay.

Song of the chapter:- Defenceless by Louis Tomlinson

WARNING - HIGHLY UNEDITED.
Also this chapter might seem a bit confusing but everything will be completely explained in the next chapter, also read the note in the end of the chapter.

ETHAN

Fear. It is a strange emotion or feeling. When I was a kid to me fear meant weakness, if you're scared of something, if you fear something then you're weak, but as I grew up the meaning of fear kept changing, but I never knew how to not fear something. I wanted to find out how to not be scared but everyone around me was scared of something, and that's when I realised you can't be not scared of something, if you don't have any fear then you're not living; cause if you don't feel these simple emotions then it means that you're dead or not living atleast.

These emotions, happiness, sadness, anger, fear that's what makes us human and right now what I was feeling was like the biggest fear of my life, the thought of not being enough has terrified me my whole life. Not being enough for my parents who literally gave me everything, for my pack who is dependent on me and looks up to me and most importantly to Emma, my mate.

To say that I was scared after the incident would be an understatement, I wasn't scared of Emma though, it was the fear I had for her. God knows what she went through when the kidnapped her, she told us they tortured her and stuff but there were still a few sensitive topics she hadn't opeaned up about and now these powers. A part of me though it was fucking hot but the sane part of me was really worried about my Emma who had to go through all this shit.

Right now we were on our way back to the pack house as we had come quite far when she ran out fortunately nobody was around when the blast happened so nobody was hurt.

"Ethan", I heard Emma whisper from behind me making me realise she had stopped walking when I was lost in my thoughts.

I turned around to find her swaying and then she lost her balance but I caught her, and then and there she passed out in my arms.

*       *       *

EMMA'S POV

"What's with your friend always passing out?", I heard a voice.

I wanted to open my eyes but I felt weak. Just like I did when we escaped from Donovan and I had used my power. My eyelids felt too heavy, so did my whole body, my throat was dry and overall I felt like there were thousands of rocks on my body pushing me down when again I heard some voices, like someone hissing.

I wanted to do something, move or speak but all that came out of my mouth was a weak groan and then I heard everyone rushing around me and again heard the same voice, which sounded a bit familiar, say, "Ohh look she's alive", and then again the same person hissing loudly.

"Why is he even here? Who let him in?", I heard Ethan ask.

"He can help us", Rose said.

When I realised I was surrounded by my loved ones and safe I felt a bit better.

"Emma, can you hear us?", I heard my dad ask in his doctor voice, and another moan left my mouth.

"Oh thank god dear", I heard my mom mumble inthe background as my dad continued, "okay dear relax, and just try and open your eyes if you can".

Finally when I opened my eyes I saw Ethan, mom, dad, Alister and Rose around me. Most of them had worried and concerned looks on their faces where as my mom looked relieved and Alister's expression was just hard to read.