19. I am the Alpha.

Song of the chapter:- Remember by Liam Payne ✨

EMMA'S POV

"And that's why I was crying", I said taking a sip of my drink as I told everything from the date to what just happened to Rose. I don't know how long we talked because with her, time just flies away, we can be talking for hours and it may feel like minutes. That's when I realised I haven't gotten anytime with the girls, or Mark since I came back even when we saw eachother every and made a mental note to have a night-out with them when all this is over.

Suddenly my alarm blasted from my phone that's when I realised it was already time for the meeting. Yes, I forget things like these sometimes, maybe most of the time, so I set an alarm for them. We arranged the meeting in the underground safehouses which were under the pack house and the hospital connected with some passages, yes we had underground safehouses which was ofcourse Ethan's idea when he first became the Alpha.

He thought it will be easy to take people to hospital when the pack house is attacked, and also if the hospital is attacked people can easily escape through the pack house.

Thats my man my wolf said swooning internally about him.

When everyone was gathered, we discussed some strategies for emergency as the rouges were most likely to attack when the Alpha of the pack was injured, one thing they don't know is that, I too am the Alpha.

When the meeting was almost done everyone went back to their respected work. And just like that I found myself outside Ethan's room, he was still tied to the bed. I wanted to go and talk to him but I didn't have the courage to face him. My heart was still shattered into a million pieces seeing him like this. Vulnerable, weak and helpless. Suddenly the door opeaned and my mom came out. "Aren't you going to go inside honey?", She asked.

"I.... can't", I replied not looking into her eyes, I didn't want to see the disappointment in her eyes as her daughter can't even see her mate because of her own personal reasons. I was supposed to take care of Ethan but here I am overthinking my moves when he can possibly be going through god knows what.

"Do you know how your dad and I met?", She asked. And I looked up, shaking my head. My mom and dad rarely talked about their past lives, and me and Zach never asked as our parents always told us to live in the moment, but now I was curious. Her lips turned upward in a sad smile, as she pulled me to sit beside her.

"I was kicked out of my pack because I was supposed to marry my 60 years old alpha whose mate died and he was looking for a luna,  but I denied to marry a man who wasn't my mate, who didn't deserve me, who wasn't mine so they kicked me out and even my parents sided with them. I was a rouge for a week, I almost went wild as I was hungry, lost, weak trying to protect myself from the shadows lurking in the dark. That's when your dad found me, and I didn't even realise he was my mate, that's how weak I was. But then the bought me here to Golden moon, he treated me and I even tried to attack him, you know the scar on his left hand, that was by me. But in the end, he brought me back, to life", she said smiling as if reliving the old days.

"Why did you attack him? And how did he cure you?", I asked trying to find my own answers.

"I-I wasn't myself Emma, I didn't even know who these people were, what they were going to do to me because the last time someone was nice to me I was expected to marry him. And he was my cure. It wasn't medication, it was his love for me even when he didn't know me. The bond between us, that was what bought me back", she said. "Did you understand what I'm trying to tell you?", She asked and all I could do was to nod. After that she left.

I went to the door, looking at my mate, my life. Just as I was about to open the door I heard Zach from the mindlink as he said "Emma they're here".

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Published on:- 10 May, 2021

Edited on:- 11 May, 2021

Hola, my beloved snowflakes. Who do you think is here? How are you guys? I hope you're all taking care of yourself and your loved ones.

The past few days were just messy for me as I couldn't concentrate on anything, but now I'm finally here. Enjoy the chapter.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Love,
IceQueen ❣️