45. Saviour

Song of the chapter:- Call It What You Want by Taylor Swift

EMMA'S POV

Today was our first day as a married couple, and it did sound a bit different cause I for once never thought I'd be married before 25 or something, but then I also never thought I'd be the Luna. I guess everything worked out the way it was meant to be, even though it isn't what we expect.

Another thing that I didn't expect was to be sitting in our office waiting for other Alpha's on the very next day of our marriage. There had been  attacks, kidnappings, robberies and not the small kind, in our neighbouring packs yesterday, on the day me and Ethan got married which was a very clear message that my father dearest wasn't happy I got married without his blessing.

I was sitting in the chair as Ethan stood behind the chair rubbing my shoulders trying to calm my nerves because this was my first meeting, as official Luna of the pack, and even if I've handled those hot headed Alpha's before, I was still kind of nervous about this meeting.

What if they're all gonna blame me for those attacks? Because I am afterall responsible for it. I was the reason Donovan harmed innocent people who weren't even related to us. But before I can continue my over thinking session the door opened revealing Alpha Smith from Silver Claw pack and he looked dishevelled.

Ofcourse anyone who had a bunch of rouge attack their pack for no reason, and had to travel to neighbour pack the very next day, and also handel the pack work would look dishevelled so I didn't blame him. He filled us in about the attack and only one pack member was killed. The girl, who was killed, was only sixteen, with green eyes and blonde hair, and had a small but happy family, with no enemies which made her death more suspicious. Just as Alpha Smith was done with giving us the details and leaving for the guest room, the door opened again.

This time a woman, a dangerous looking woman I might add, entered the room as if she owned it followed by Beta Ryan from Red moon pack, "Hi I am  Alpha Vera of Red moon pack and I am here because you're the reason my pack was attacked" she said in her Russian accent jabbing me with her finger.

Ethan growled behind me but didn't move from his place, waiting for me to react. I moved her finger, "I am not the reason your pack was attacked", I said politely trying to calm the situation.

"Oh really, an innocent girl was kidnapped and killed because of you and here you are in all your glory with your mate probably planning your honeymoon or something. Do us a favor and women up, own up to the shit you've done and maybe I'll make your punishment a little less harsh", she said folding her arms. This time when Ethan took a step towards her so did her beta, even after knowing he won't be able to defeat an alpha it was his job to take care of his Luna.

"Someone out there is killing innocent people like you said and I don't have time to prove my innocence to each and every person out there thinking I'm the reason all this is happening, so if you want a solution to this problem you can stay in the guest room", I said not losing my calm and acting like I wasn't scared at all from her, I wasn't really scared but even if she had smaller physique than me, it looked like she'd give a hell of a fight and I had not intention of making an enemy out of an alliance.

She stood there for a minute, then gave me a file and left the room without saying another word with her beta. When we opened the file it had pictures of another girl she looked around eighteen, she too had blonde hair and green eyes, and was killed with a dagger.

Alpha Warren and Beta Will from White Wolf pack, also arrived the same day and as we suspected another girl, with blonde hair and green eyes, like me, had been killed.