30. Soulmates

Song of the chapter:- Kill my mind by Louis Tomlinson.

EMMA'S POV

"You're back?", I asked from where I was standing and she turned to me and I thought she wouldn't reply but then she said, "Ofcourse I am back bitch", and I knew my bestfriend was back. Me, Anne and Clara ran towards Rose to give her a hug but she stepped away nodding towards the stranger in her arms.

"So whose that?", Mark asked looking at the girl as if he was fascinated by her but I decided to pay attention to important matters which happened to be Rose and the stranger. "I don't know, found her passed out near the border. She's a wolf, thought she might need help", she said shrugging carelessly and then laid the girl on the couch and finally sat beside Jack who can't seem to get his eyes off of Rose, just the thought of them bought a smile to my face.

"Why are you smiling like a maniac?", My beloved brother snapped me out of my thoughts as I shook my head saying nothing.

After my dad checked on the girl we found out she just was tired and a bit injured which caused her to pass out, they injected some medicine with sleeping pills in her which will give her some rest. After asking Rose a billion of questions about what happened, or where she was to which she replied with a "I'll tell to you tomorrow" we finally went back to our own rooms to get some much needed sleep.

As I was tying my hair in a lose ponytail getting ready for bed, Ethan came up from behind wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck, something he did often after we mated, according to him it made him and his wolf calm and happy which was understandable as I felt the same way.

"So, Rose and Jack huh?", He mumbled against my neck, goosebumps making their way on my skin as he spoke. Ethan has always been very observant but him guessing about Jack and Rose was literally too smart for him.

I turned around wrapping my arms around his neck, "how do you know?", I asked looking up at him.

He smiled and said, "By the look on your face".

This just made me realise how close we were and how far we came from being friends to enemies to friends to finally lovers. I always wanted a fairytale lovestory, the beautiful castle, and those huge ballrooms but being here with my mate, my family, my friends made me realise it wasn't about the big gestures but the little things you did for eachother.

It never was about big parties or gifts but about those little things you knew about eachother, like when you know what the other person is thinking just by the look of their face, there was afterall a reason that two people were selected to be soulmates.

*     *     *

I woke up at midnight, Ethan was peacefully sleeping beside me and after a long tiring day I still can't get myself to sleep; after getting out from Ethan's arms without waking him I stood near the window looking at the moon. Night has been always more fascinating to me than day, there was something about the dark, the peace, the danger, the mystical aura that always attracted me towards it.

It was finally winter, cold and foggy, the trees weren't covered in beautiful shades of red and orange but now bare and leaveless, but the moon still shined bright; suddenly I heard the floor creak so I went downstairs, I felt something or more like someone behind me but when I turned around I found no one.

On my way back I felt someone behind me, they grabbed my waist from behind and pinned me with my back against the wall, I tried to kneel him but he stopped me with this other hand, when he thought I wasn't gonna make a move I smashed my head against him which caused him to stumble back and just like that he left, all that happened so fast I didn't even get to look at him.

For a minute my head went blank as it was the second time today it was smashed, so I sat down when I opened my eyes I saw a figure standing over me, who thankfully turned out to be Ethan, "Princess? Are you okay? What happened?", He asked as he sat in front of me taking my head in his hands.

"I-someone attacked me", I said.

"What? Are you okay?", Was his first reaction being the overprotective mate that he was.

"Yeah, but he got away. I don't even know who it was", I said trying to get up but he picked me up bridal style.

"I know you're perfectly capable of walking on your own but just let me do my job", he said shushing me.

"It all happened so fast and I just-", he didn't let me complete instead he said, "we'll talk about it tomorrow. Right now we need to rest."

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Published on:- 27 July 2021.

I know snowflakes, I'm late actually late would be an understatement but the fact that I deleted this chapter more than I wrote it makes me grateful that its finallyyyy done, even though I still think this chapter needs MAJOR editing. So hope you enjoy it.

Take care, spread love.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Love,
IceQueen ❣️