49. Roommate and Threats

Song of the chapter:- Animals by Maroon 5

EMMA'S POV

Long drives are always fun right? Especially in the middle of the night, with the person you love, during winters, cold wind and cosy clothes, stary sky and the moon shining at you, how could it be wrong or bad, right? Well, NO.

I also used to think the same way, a few hours ago. And then we got a call from Alpha Smith saying there is a pack emergency, in his pack not ours thank god I shouldn't be grateful but for once it feels good to know your pack isn't the only one under danger and your not the only one messing up, ofcourse you don't want anything bad to happen to anyone else, but your glad atleast it's not YOU this time.

So here we were on our way to save the day again. To be honest at this point me and Ethan had accepted the fact that our life was never going to be normally normal, and maybe we didn't even want it to be normally normal.

I'm not saying normal isn't great because it is. And we don't appreciate it, ever. I didn't. When I was in highschool, I had my family and friends and the only problem was my crush was dating my bestfriend, that was literally my biggest problem, pinning over my bestfriend's boyfriend. And now here I was with some wierd magic powers from my birth mother who was also killed by my sperm donor, and apparently lots of lives depended on me, which was honestly very stressful.

But then again what was the point of living in past?

Let's be honest nostalgia is lie. Because things were never so good, or so bad, or so complicated, or so easy, it was just the idea of living that phase again, maybe the chance to change the things you've gone through or you'll have to go through, that makes nostalgia so dreamy and out of the few things I've learnt is to not live in the what if's? Or what could've been's? Because it's just... pointless.

And coming to the present here we were stopping at some old shitty motel on our way.

"Is this where we're staying?", I asked Ethan looking at the tilted and rusted sign over what looks like an abandoned building.

"I guess this will have to do, atleast we'll be alone together" he said winking at me.

Being alone together with Ethan should be enough for me to tolerate an almost cold shower, and then almost getting a heartattack from seeing a huge spider on my clothes and then falling on my ass, right?

After all of that struggle I finally managed to get dressed in the small, like really small bathroom just to find out I'll be sleeping with my boyfriend and mark as well, not on the same bed thank god, but still in the same room.

I used to be really close with Mark but after I left we both changed alot, and him being in the same room while I want to jump on my mate is akward as hell.

"So much for being alone, huh?", Ethan said under his breath throwing a throw pillow at Mark who was trying to fit in the small couch.

"The extra bed they arranged for me broke, what do you want me to do, Alpha?" All I wanted to do was to roll my eyes at them but I somehow controlled myself.

"Come on Ethan, let's just sleep" I said trying to make the situation but it only made it worse.

"Sure let's sleep baby, with our friend Mark ofcourse", he said as he got under the covers.

"Look I didn't want to cockblock you okay? But would you rather Sean do it or me?"

"Whose Sean?" I asked.

"Emma, you're our Luna, and you don't know some of the pack members yet?", Mark asked looking shocked as if I'm supposed to know about every being that exist in this universe.