20. Give him some rest.

Song of the chapter:- Boys Will Be Boys by Dua Lipa

{A/N: DOUBLE UPDATE for you people. Read chapter 19 before reading this one. Also, this chapter has a Zootopia reference.}

EMMA'S POV

"I'll be there in a min", I replied to Zach through the mindlink. I can't just leave without seeing him. I need him, so does my wolf, we can literally feel the pull and it's just getting stronger and stronger. I entered the room and a sigh of relief left my lips as I inhaled the smell of my mate. He smelled like warm summer evening, and the sweet smell of after-rain, if that even makes sense.

I ran my hand through his soft and now a bit long hair, closing my eyes trying to remember all the times I used to do this, when we were kissing, when he fell asleep in my arms with his face nested in the crook of my neck, he used to say "I love it when you do that".

I opeaned my eyes and found chocolate brown eyes staring back at me. "Ethan?", I asked still unsure of I'm dreaming or not. "Hey Princess", he said giving me his classic boyish grin. I wrapped my arms around his body, excepting him to wrap me in his embrace, but he didn't. When I pulled away I saw him moving uncomfortably under the ropes and my heart broke all over again. "I'm so sorry Ethan, I-I told them and th-they didn't listen", and then I became a crying mess in front of him.

"It's okay Princess, it's for the best. No need to worry, I'm fine. Look", he said. And I nodded but we both knew I wasn't convinced. "Ems, we need you here. Now", came Zach's voice through the mindlink, bringing me back to reality.

"I, I have to go but I'll be back okay", I said moving his hair away from his eyes. "What's going on princess?", He asked looking confused and worried at the same time. "I'll tell you later. I'll be back soon. I promise", I said sealing our deal by giving him a long kiss on his lips which caused him to smile and say "I'll be waiting".

When I finally reached the pack house where I invited some neighbour alphas or their betas. They were all gathered some behaving like kids and the others glaring at eachother. "Thank you, all of you for gathering here in such a short notice. I'm Emma, Ethan's mate", I started when I was intrupted by another alpha "where is your mate? We'll only talk to him, not his female. Ladies don't take part in pack buisness", he said which made me more than angry.

"And here I thought we were going to talk like adults, but anyways the only person you'll be talking buisness with is me; and if you can't handel that I suggest you to leave", I said giving him a sweet smile which caused him to shut up.

Later on they introduced themselves as there were four of them. Alpha Smith from Silver Claw pack, Beta Ryan from Red moon pack, Beta Will from White Wolf pack, and Alpha Nick from Night Howlers pack the one who disrespected me. After the introduction they decided to rest and discuss the buisness tomorrow.

"Again I thank your all for coming. Mark over here will show you you're rooms. Hope you have a good night. Now please excuse me", with that I left the room.

"That was impressive Ems", said Chris with a mischievous smile on his face. "Well I have to show them that I'm the boss here, if they respect me only then they'll help us". "You know very well how to play those guys", said John to which I replied "it's all because I had practice with you guys", and their smiles were replaced with scowls.

"Well I'm leaving. I'll be spending the night at hospital", I said taking some stuff of mine in my small bag. "Ethan's injured Ems, give him some rest", said Jack which resulted in me throwing a pen at him which he dodged, while laughing with other guys.

When I reached the hospital Ethan was already asleep. I decided to not disturb him and after a while I too fell into deep slumber.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸
Published on:- 10 May, 2021.

Edited on:- 11 May, 2021.

A double update for you my snowflakes. Did you find the Zootopia reference? If yes, comment you answers. Hope you enjoy the updates.

Take care. Spread love.

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

(Due to some error I had to publish chapter 19 and 20 again)

Love,
IceQueen ❣️