38. They're newly mated.

Song of the chapter:- Midnight (feat. Liam Payne)

EMMA'S POV

Now it was around two in the afternoon, me and Ethan were sitting in his office, or our office in his words. Being the packs alpha and luna meant lot of work which included both physical labour as well as paperwork which seemed to be never ending. After the conversation I had with my family now it felt like weight had been lifted off of me, and I was atleast more relaxed than before.

"Is the population count done?" I asked to Ethan.

"Yup", he replied.

"And the monthly check up? And what about the check up for the pregnant women? And also the check-ups for the new borns? You know if they miss it, it can be a bit dangerous for their health", I said looking at him with a small frown on my face from where I was sitting on one end of the couch.

"You're going to be the most amazing luna ever", was his reply from the other end of the couch, there were piles of paperwork between us, as we tried to complete as much as possible, I wasn't an expert but I did understand the basics so I was just helping him.

I rolled my eyes at his reply and continued my work but I can still feel him staring at me, when I looked at him he looked away, a hint of pink covering his ears and neck before taking over his face.

This was one of the most adorable thing about Ethan, whenever he blushed his ears and neck would turn into an adorable shade of red.

"What?" I asked trying not to laugh, as a moved and sat on his lap removing the paperwork from between us which made his face even more red if possible.

"Nothing, I just um wanted to ask you something", he said nervously, as he stuttered.

"And what is it?", I asked but before he can reply the door of the office opeaned revealing Ethan's parents, I jumped out of his lap almost falling in the process but he stopped the fall.

They looked at us and then his dad whispered, "I told you we should knock, I mean look at his face", but his mom just shrugged and said, "they're newly mated what did you expect?"

"Mum, dad, you know that we can hear you right?", He said standing up, pulling me in front of him and I felt his hard on on my behind causing my eyes to widen and unfortunately his mum noticed as she asked, "oh Emma dear are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay Mrs Preston", I replied giving her a smile as I didn't want her to know the reason for my shock.

"Oh dear drop the formality already, call me by my name or even mum if you'd be okay with that", she said smiling sweetly at me.

"Mum", Ethan said again but his dad cut him off like this was a normal banter between Ethan and his mum,"Yeah well we were just here for these", his dad said as he put a huge stack of books on the table.

"Thank you so much dad", he said.

"What are those?", I asked looking at the old books, which looked quite worn out and old, a layer of dust covering them, the binding were also worn out but still intact.

"Books about pack history, that vampire suggested you should read them", Ethan replied a small frown on his face with the mention of 'the vampire'.

"My goodness would you look at the time, we should leave, take care Emma, and you too Ethan take care of her", his mum said hugging both of us and then his dad too gave him a pat on his shoulder and told me to take care and then they left.

"So you wanna read these now?", He asked looking at the books.

"Yeah why not", I said picking up the first one which had The Golden Moon written on it in some fancy font.

Me and Ethan settled on the couch again this time, he was sitting on the corner as I cuddled him, one of his arm was wrapped around my shoulder while other was holding the book, where as I was using one hand to turn the page of the book and the other was playing with the fingers of his free arm, a new habit of mine whenever I was nervous or when we were holding hands.

I opened the book, and on the first page someone had written, 

Sword of gold,
Forged in evil's fire.
As she was born
To end what she came from.
On the darkest the day,
The world shall find its light.
As the moon's child,
will end the vile.

"What's that even supposed to mean?" I thought.

*****************
Published on:- 25 Oct, 2021.

Hey guys, I know I said I'll explain things in this chapter but because of exams I wasn't able to update, and because I wanted to update something for you guys to let you know that I'm still updating this book so here's a little something for y'all.

Again, please vote and comment as I love to see your reactions and it means the world to me.

Take care, spread love.

Love,
IceQueen.