35. I got you

⚠️ READ THE NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER IT'S IMPORTANT.⚠️

Song of the chapter:- Arms by Christina Perri

EMMA'S POV

When I woke up, I was expecting to be tied to the chains, or to feel the familiar burn of hot water on my wounds, but nothing happened. When I opeaned my eyes I saw plain white walls, the bed I was lying on was also pretty comfortable compared to the cold tile I slept on. I was wearing a hospital gown, but the room was empty, making me wonder where was I?

That's when my eyes shifted to my hands where there were many bandages but what got my attention was a scar, running down from my left upper arm to my forearm. It was another huge ugly reminder of the incidents that happened, that I'll have to carry with me for the rest of my life.

I was lost in my thoughts, when the door opeaned making me look at it and become alert, even my wolf side was awake and thankfully better, but when my eyes met the familiar chocolate brown ones everything around me stopped, the fear, anxiousness, worry seemed to disappear into thin air as he ran towards me and wrapped me tightly into his arms, a moan of pain left my mouth, making his grip loosen but he didn't pull away, not that I minded.

When he finally pulled away his eyes were filled with tears, making my own eyes water as he asked, "Don't ever leave me again, please", and I could stop the traitor tear that ran down my cheek. Ethan didn't cry but I knew he wanted to. When I finally looked at him, I realised he wasn't in a too good condition either, his hair disheveled, clothes crumpled, face thinner, dark circles under his eyes making his face seem paler.

I tried to speak but I couldn't, he passed me a glass of water, as I tried to take it my hands started shaking, making me unable to even drink water by myself. After finally gulping down a whole glass of water with Ethan's help I finally spoke, "What happened?".

"I-I'll tell you later first, let me tell everyone you're okay", he said and pressed the button on the side of my bed as the doctor and nurses rushed in started checking me. That's when I noticed the IV and needles connected to me. They told me to lay down and rest as much as possible. And then my parents and Zach came in, Ethan nodded and was going to leave when a sudden rush of panic filled me, I gripped his wrist pulling him to stop.

I don't know why I just couldn't let go of him, probably he understood as he sat in the chair beside my bed. And then my parents were pulling me into a bear hug, with Zach who always complained about hugs. Donovan's word's came back to my mind, making me re-think everything, I knew he what he said was true because there was no point in lying about being my father as all he wanted were my powers.

My powers.

Suddenly the sound of beeping bought me back, making me realise it was one of the machines connected to me, everyone started to panic but I said, "I'm okay, just stressed".

"Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But try to not think too much okay? And if something is worrying you you can tell us, you know?", My mum said looking at me lovingly.

I can't tell you.

Was my first thought but I didn't say it out loud. I was going to ask them about it, but when the timing was better than this. So I just nodded.

Everyone else was back at the pack house they wanted to visit but all of them weren't allowed to visit, as only my family was allowed, and my mate ofcourse.

I was going to stay at the hospital for one night, as I was passed out for a day but now that I was awake, the doctor would discharge me after one last check up the next morning; I had bruises, I was malnourished, but there weren't any serve injuries or internal bleedings thankfully so I can go back but I'd need to rest a lot and start eating, but not too much as my body won't be able to handle that either.