Chap.33"I'll always choose you"

Xavier walks me out of the house and into the car. I sigh and rest my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry. This is not how I wanted this to go " I say.

"This wasn't your fault " he explains.

"You should talk to your mom," I tell him. I shouldn't be the reason that he doesn't talk to her.

"Not aurora we're leaving " he states.

"Xavier, please. You barely talked to her don't let me be the reason you don't " I practically plead to him.

"Aurora-"

"Xavier please, you know you want to talk to her so please if not for me for her. " I state to him.

He sighs and nods getting out of the car. He looks back at me and I give a reassuring smile.

I watch him walk inside and once he's out of my sight my smile turns to a frown and I lean my head back holding in tears from how badly this just went.

-Xavier's POV-
I walk back into this trashy apartment.

"Son I was hoping you'd come back," my mother says. My mother isn't a perfect person I've known that. But what she did today was uncalled for and I am not having it.

"I'm here for her I am not here for you. You have ten minutes before I walk out of that door and never talk to you again " I tell her simply.

"Wow. You're straight forward " my 'mother' chuckles.

"Get to talking you don't have all day" I state.

"Alright well how did you find us"

"I'm not going through the whole thing. I and aurora put the pieces together. That's all you need to know" I say not making eye contact.

"Alright well, how is school going?" She asks.

"Fine," I say half lying. She doesn't need to know that I haven't been to school in over. 2 weeks.

"Alright well is there anything new going on ?" She asks. I'm sorry with respect is she fucking dumb.

"Are you fucking serious?" I ask my face filled with confusion.

"Jesus. You would have never used that tone with me years ago. What had this girl done to you "

"She fixed me. I was broken and scared. I was a dick to her and she let me stay at her place because I couldn't go home. She stood in front of a bullet for me .she stood up to the man I'm supposed to call my father. For me. She made me come in here to talk to your ass because she knew I would regret it later. So watch how the fuck you talk about her." I say getting angry. How dare she talk about her like that.

"She's just a brat she gets everything handed to her " she states like all I just said was no big deal.

" Are you fucking serious? Like are you dumb or fucking slow? She got into a car crash with her father that she thought was dead and blamed herself for years. She doesn't trust anyone anymore because everyone ends up leaving her. She puts everyone else before herself SHE PUT HER FUCKING LIFE ON THE LINE SO I COULD SEE YOU. And you have the fucking nerve to talk about her like she's nothing. " I raise my voice now just completely angry.

"Are you taking sides here son?"

" honestly if you think I'd choose you over her you are just fucking stupid," I say walking out of the door.

I walk over to the car and go to the passenger side. I pick up aurora and hold her close.

"Baby wh-" she starts when I pick her up.

"I will always choose you. I promise " I say to her holder her even close. I feel her tense a bit and pull her head out of my neck. I immediately see her red nose puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks.

-Auroras POV-

I try to hold it in but the tears just come out. I sit there for a good 10 minutes before I see Xavier come out. I quickly woo my tears and make myself look casual.

He comes through the passenger side and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. He picks me up and I wrap around his waist.

"Baby wh-"

"I'll always choose you. I promise " he states. I tense at what he just said. What would make him say that? I pull my head out of his neck and look at him. Forgetting I just stopped crying.

"What the hell. Baby what happened why are you crying ." He asked confused.

"I just really didn't want my first time seeing my dad in years to be like this. I didn't think he would be so ... so. I don't know" I say in defeat.

"Hey. I know that this wasn't exactly as planned but look on the bright side. You got to see him. I mean it wasn't perfect but at least he's alive ." He says in a positive tone.

"Yeah" I whisper.

"Look at me," he says and I look up at him.

He kisses my lips multiple times. Each one lasting a second.

"I love you so much," he says.

"I love you more"