⚘6⚘

❗TRIGGER WARNING ❗
(this chapter includes a binge eating episode)

Sanaa ☯️

My newfound popularity was something I struggled to adjust with. After the cafeteria fiasco, the boys from my class and the administration got involved, which led to a disciplinary action. However, the consequences were lessened due to Nita's intervention. She was quite forgiving despite the torture she had to endure from them. Although I didn't agree with her intervention due to my strong nature, I respected her decision.

Respect with a hint of fear dominated whenever I stepped into the cafeteria and most teachers seemed to have grown fond of me. For a new kid, I left a mark that will remain relevant for a reasonable amount of time.

My parents were proud of me but advised me to remain alert at school. I agreed with their reasoning; society tends to silence loud voices.

Ada, Chichi and I communicated with each other, exchanging our school experiences. Our interaction improved my mood but I couldn't help the seed of doubt that continued to grow.

"What if all of this ends? You will become more miserable than before," my thoughts said.

I breathed out, slamming my head against my pillow. My only escape from reality was sleep.

"And Abel."

"Yes, him too," I admitted to the voice in my head, covering my face with my hands in an attempt to regulate my heating cheeks.

For someone who is sceptical of the unexpected encounters, I did look forward to them. In his presence I become the most authentic version of myself, expressing myself in ways I could never do in the real world. His mellow personality contributed to my growing feelings towards him.

dream state

I dusted my clothes off, waking up from the grounds of the familiar flower field. I was dressed in an emerald crêpe dress and my hair was in a neat afro. My eyes roamed the field as I walked, searching for Abel.

I came across his idle body which was decently spread over the flowers. His long eyelashes laid on his glistening cheeks and his clasped hands rested on his torso. He was dressed in a white t-shirt and blue camouflage cargo pants. His slow, deep breaths filled my ears and I watched over him with a smile. I sat beside him in a criss-cross position, silently thinking of getting a sketch book and some pencils to draw.

"This is a dream after all. I think I can summon what I need."

I emphasised on my desire to have the aforementioned items and in result, they appeared beside me. I smiled in satisfaction.

I opened the sketch book before glancing at the sleeping boy who would be the subject of my art.

Art was a talent I kept to myself for some unexplainable reason. I was involved with it from a young age and the improvement became apparent as they years passed by. With no formal art education, I was able to create many things through watching tutorials and analysing drawings, pictures and paintings. It was a passion of mine that I could envision myself pursuing in the future. Hopefully by then my talent would be exposed to my family.

My eyes never left his body as I drew him as detailed as possible, proceeding from the three moles under his left eye and one on his bottom lip to the petals that laid on his clothes.