⚘30⚘

Sanaa ☯

Soft music played in the background the paint brush trailed over the white canvas, which was supported by my recently purchased easel. My eyes glanced between the picture on my phone, color palette and the canvas to ensure an accurate representation.

An immense amount of joy consumed my body when I returned to creating art. I began to draw and design as much as possible and even applied to various art universities across Europe.

As a way to express my gratitude, I decided to draw a painting of Abel's family to give to him on our next encounter. With the help of Alina, I received their favorite picture, which was them on a beach in St. Tropez many years ago. They went to visit their maternal aunt and it was one of the best summers they had.

I hope he likes it.

Surprisingly, no family member of mine interrupted me (despite it being Christmas Eve) and I allowed the painting to dry as soon as I was done.

I cleansed my body and headed to the living room in my Christmas sweatshirt and jeans. We decided to go to church because the activities on the actual day wouldn't permit us to go.

After our return, we changed into our pajamas, ate dinner and went our separate ways, which was very unusual but unusualness among us has become the new normal.

Everyone expressed excitement as they opened their respective gifts and it was a nice sight to see the satisfaction on their faces.

After exchanging calls and messages with family and friends, my siblings and I spent the day watching typical Christmas movies.

Kai's phone vibrated during one of the movies, which directed my attention to my trembling brother.

"What's wrong, Kai?" I asked with a couple octaves higher than extended.

"I-I did it," he simply answered as his gaze tore between me and his phone.

Ama, who had been purposely ignoring the situation, turned around with a perplexed look.

"Did what?" she asked in a cautious tone.

"I won the writing competition I told you about," he whispered.

"Why are you whispering? We're proud of you!" Ama and I exclaimed in unison as we tackled him in a hug.

"No... air," he managed to cough out as he waved an arm in the air.

"I'm sorry," we said, climbing off of him.

"I've got to tell Mom," he stood up before swiftly exiting the room.

Mom's screams of joy filled the apartment shortly after.

"I told you so," she said as we joined them. "All of you are destined for greatness."

She turned to Ama and said, "Don't be surprised to hear from modelling agencies anytime soon."

Her focus shifted on me and she said, "You've picked up art again. That's a pleasant sight."

"Why didn't you tell me about your participation in the contest?" Dad asked Kai.

"It slipped off of my mind," he quietly said before turning to Mom. "Check your emails. They should've contacted you regarding the rewards I'm bound to receive."

Kai received cash (which was partly shared to give to the church for charity) and a paid writing contract which would enable him to become a full-time writer.

Twin Souls जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें