⚘16⚘

Sanaa ☯️

"I succeeded in contacting her neighbour and best friend, Nandi," Kaya announced as she entered the class. "She said that she has been admitted to the hospital due to health complications caused by diabetes," she added, referring to our friend that had disappeared almost a month ago.

"I can't believe that it took us so long to get to someone," Tabitha sighed.

"It's not like we have access to her father and step mother," Zara shrugged.

"We'll get to that later," I told them before turning to Kaya. "Did you get information that could be useful to us?"

"Yes, the hospital she's in is not far from where I live. I'll visit her today on behalf of all of us because Nandi said she's getting discharged tomorrow. We can arrange to visit her as a class when she's back at her parents' house," she explained. "What do you think?" she asked, turning to all of us.

We nodded in agreement and informed the administration of what we discovered before heading back to class.

"What are the latest developments?" Damon asked as I took my seat, which happened to be beside his.

"Kaya is going to explain it to the entire class," I replied.

Kaya was the class president after all so it seemed right for her to address everyone at once than to explain it individually which would lead to unnecessary confusion.

He simply nodded before redirecting his attention to the book he was reading.

"You read?" I asked in surprise.

"Of course. If I didn't, I wouldn't have made it past the first grade," he sarcastically replied with a slight smile.

"Okay, you got me there," I laughed in defeat. "In all seriousness though, do you enjoy reading?"

"I used to but I'm trying to get back into it."

"Did you miss it?"

"I guess you could say so," he shrugged as he flipped the page. "I like the way reading makes me feel smarter."

"Me too."

"With the amount of books you read, you should've been a genius by now."

"I already consider myself as one."

"If that's the case, what would we consider Albert Einstein?"

"A smarter genius," I shrugged.

"Not a bad answer," he complimented with a nod.

"What's the book about?" I asked, peaking in the book.

"It's about a girl that's searching for her brother that was abducted by night spirits."

"That sounds interesting. Can I borrow it when you're done?"

"Sure."

"Thanks in advance," I said as Mr. Khoza walked in with an irritated look on his face.