⚘11⚘

❗TRIGGER WARNING ❗

This chapter mentions rape. My heart goes out for all victims. I love and support you all ❤️

This chapter also mentions binge eating.

Sanaa ☯

Nita sat beside me as we sat on a bench under an oak tree in the school's campus. Silence dominated as our eyes passed by the students that proceeded to go home. I clasped my hands together in anticipation to hear what she had to say. She just had to get comfortable talking about it first.

She cleared her throat and faced me to get my attention. Giving her a small, encouraging smile, I nodded silently to show her I was ready to listen.

"My older sister got involved with a guy for a while but it didn't end well," she began, breaking eye contact for a quick second before looking at me again.

"He ended up being a horrible person and she decided to end their relationship. Out of spite, he hired some henchmen to kidnap her to teach her a lesson. He knew all of her day to day activities which made his plan easier. Normally, my sister goes to church at 11 o'clock throughout the week to attend choir practice but she got ill and decided to stay home..." she explained, sniffing her nose to compose herself. I nodded silently, reassuring her that she had my attention and could take the time she needed.

"I had to collect her items the following day because of safety reasons and got kidnapped on the way. The kidnappers took advantage of my body and her ex came to see if they had caught the right girl. He ended up scolding them for bringing the wrong girl-"

Using her hands to conceal her face, she weeped. Flabbergasted was the only word I could use to identify my feelings at that moment. Sensitive topics like these weren't easy to talk about but she decided to trust me, although we haven't known each other for a long time. Out of instinct, I wrapped my arms around her body, engulfing her into a hug.

"It's been four years but I still cannot get over it. My mind is still flooded with 'what ifs'," she croaked.

"It's okay to take the time that you need. There's no specific way to get over something like that," I reassured her in a whisper.

We remained in that position until it was time to go home.

"Come with me, let me drop you off at your junction. I don't think it will be okay for you to go alone at this state."

"Thank you," she said quietly and headed to the car.

After dropping Nita off, we headed home.

"I hope Nita's okay," Kai said as we entered the house.

"Me too. I've never seen her like this," Ama added.

"She will be," I answered, placing my bag on the floor in the living room before proceeding to wash my hands in the kitchen.

"Good afternoon, Mom," I greeted, catching her attention.

"Good afternoon, Sanaa. How was school today?"