⚘35⚘

Sanaa ☯

"Do you need tickets for the game?" the boys asked me on a video call. They just completed training and decided to spend time in the hotel room they shared.

The game between Uruguay and France was one of the two official opening games of the tournament. It was a privilege to be blessed with the opportunity to attend the biggest football tournament ever live. Needless to say, the euphoria was too much to handle.

"Not really, we bought them over a month ago," I replied. "I appreciate the offer though."

"Why did you do that? You knew we were coming," Abel said with a slight hint of frustration as he held the bridge of his nose.

"I couldn't just tell my mother to not buy the tickets, bro," I said in a confused tone.

"I'm glad you're coming," Coly said as an attempt to diffuse the possible argument.

I sent him a small smile as a sign of gratitude. I did not have the time nor energy to argue over a petty subject.

"I'm glad too. Don't waste the opportunity to shine," I told them.

"Not to sound conceited but it's hard not to shine. The world will be impressed," Théo smirked while running a hand through his golden curls.

"Continue to tell yourself that, Goldilocks. Spain's team is very solid," Ama said beside me, startling me.

"Where did you come from?" I asked.

"She did not just say that," he mumbled.

"I just did. What will you do about it?" she challenged. "To answer your question, dear sister, I came from Kai's room. I also want to borrow a book from you."

"Why? You don't read," I stated with furrowed eyebrows.

"Probably because she can't," Théo instigated.

"Akikiki, my intestines are on the verge of bursting," she responded with a dead face and voice. "Talk when you come up with a better comeback. Until then, you're dismissed."

"I'd advise you to remain dismissed," Coly said to his flustered friend.

"I don't know if you may have noticed but I'm bored. Just give me a book so that I can leave," Ama said to me.

"You can get one yourself, smartass," I rolled my eyes. "Don't forget to close the door on your way out."

"Sure," she said before leaving with a book in her hand.

"That was strange. You're usually the grumpy one," Abel said as his friends nodded in agreement.

"I don't know, I'll talk to her."

"Good, we'll talk later."

"Later, boys," I said before the call ended.

"What's on your mind? You're acting strange."

"I'm fine, I'm just on my period," she answered as she flipped a page.