⚘17⚘

Sanaa ☯

"Dad!" my siblings and I exclaimed as he walked into the house with his suitcases.

We rushed to hug him before helping him with his suitcases.

"How have you all been?" he asked after washing his hands.

"We were okay," Ama replied. "How was your flight?"

"It was good. At least I came back healthy and happy."

"That's good to hear."

We helped our mother with setting up the dining table and washed our hands before rejoining our parents. We ate and made small talk about his trip. After eating, it was time to open his suitcases which contained gifts he got for us.

"Thanks, Dad," my brother said as he tried on the African designed shirt which fit him perfectly.

"I'm glad you like it," he smiled.

Ama and I received African designed dresses which I have happened to match the purses we received from him a couple of months ago. My mother received some dresses as well and our maternal grandmother sent us some homemade treats.

The resumed conversation went well until I curiously asked about the whereabouts of his medications. He did not reply, which led to an awkward silence.

"I'll be heading to my room," I announced, getting up from the couch. "I need to study."

"Go ahead," my mother replied as I left.

Confused was the only word I could use to describe how I felt at the moment. The feeling dissolved and I focused on actually studying to prepare for the upcoming exams which were to be written before the Christmas holidays.

After studying, I exercised before taking a shower and changing into my pyjamas. While lying on my bed, I decided to check up on Nita and scrolled through social media. I glanced at the time and decided to text Abel to check up on him.

ALI ⚽
@//a.jordan

watch my game next saturday

well, hello to you too
i was just about to text you but you beat me to it

as usual 😏
but seriously though, watch me.

why would i?

because your crush is playing, duh

uh, i don't have anything to say

i didn't expect you to

anywho...
which team are you against?

lille

oh, you're playing against your friend
Ibrahim, right?

you're correct

how do you feel about it?

i'm excited because i know he'll give me a hard time and it's also the first time we're playing against each other.

the first clash against the bros. the media is going to have a busy news day 😯
I'll definitely have to watch