⚘27⚘

Sanaa ☯

"Who is he?" Mom asked as we got ready to head to the hospital.

"Who are you referring to?" I asked while tying my shoelaces.

"I saw you with a guy walking around the hospital a few days ago. I can assume that you've known him for some time, right?"

"Yes, I do. He's the person I told you about."

"Really?" she asked as her eyes widened. "Did you two plan to meet each other that night?"

"No, it was a pure coincidence. I'm glad that it happened though."

"That's nice but I'd like to know where you are before you wander around a foreign land. If it wasn't for his message, I would have died due to fear."

"I know, Mom, and I'm sorry. I've been quite irrational lately and you don't deserve to be this stressed," I mumbled, hugging her.

"I've gotten over it. I'm pleased to hear that your father's health is improving at a fast rate. Perhaps our presence has something to do with it."

"Perhaps. Where are your other children?" I asked, separating myself from her.

"They've probably lost track of time, as usual. Your aunt is coming along with us today."

"Oh okay," I simply said. We've only seen her twice since we've arrived due to her busy schedule. An extra friendly face would do my father some good.

"Is he coming today?" Ama whispered as we sat in the hallway.

"Yes, he's visiting some patients today so I don't expect him to see me."

"He's definitely going to see you," she smirked. "Hopefully KJ and I can finally meet him as well."

"That would be something I'd hate to see."

"Why?"

"You must have told him something embarrassing. I know you."

"You're right. I'm surprised that he hasn't teased you up till now."

"He knows I'll die from embarrassment," I replied. "Keep your  crush/future boyfriend away from me because I'll make sure you'll feel my wrath."

"I wasn't even planning on introducing you to him anyway," she mumbled. "I know how you can be."

I smiled in response before opening my phone to see a message from Damon who was checking up on me. We have been talking to each other almost everyday and he was the only person I missed in South Africa.

Dame

Sup, doe eyes?

Same old, same old. You?

Same. School's about to close in a week or so. I can't wait.

That's expected. The assignments my sibs and I receive are mind blowing 🤯
I can only imagine what you're going through.