⚘31⚘

Sanaa ☯️

Anyone who had known or seen me with Abel was aware that our 'friendship' was intense. If anyone would've told me that it could've gotten more intense than it already was, I would've laughed in their face.

Our 'friendship' had definitely changed since Christmas and we spent every day together after since then. Despite us engaging in different relationship activities, we hadn't addressed our relationship status. I was glad because it gave me the time to navigate my way through my fears and feelings towards him.

As we walked towards my apartment building with intertwined hands, he said, "Coly's coming tomorrow to spend a few days with Théo and me."

"That's nice. I hope you'll have a great time."

"You and your sister are coming with me, silly," he chuckled.

"Tomorrow's New Year's Eve. There's no way we'll be able to stay outside that late."

"I may or may not have asked your parents already and they may or may not have agreed," he sheepishly said.

"I don't know what type of voodoo you used on my parents but it's definitely strong," I joked, although the surprised expression still lingered on my face.

"We just understand each other, that's all," he winked as we stood in front of the building.

"What will we do? I hope it's nothing too crazy."

"Of course not, you're too young," he teased while pinching my cheeks.

"Barely," I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say, little lady," he laughed before cupping my neck to kiss my cheeks. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Do you have to go?" I sighed, completely disregarding the fact that we've spent the majority of our free time with each other.

"Unfortunately."

"Okay," I said while giving him a quick peck. "Take care."

"You too," he said before walking off until he got out of my sight.

"Both of you are like love sick puppies," my sister's voice rang against my ear, startling me.

"Where did you come from?" I asked as I scanned her attire which was a winter jacket, jeans and boots.

"I just returned from the supermarket with some groceries. Mom wants to try a new recipe."

"Let's go. She might need our help."

After returning to the apartment and preparing ourselves, we joined our mother in the kitchen.

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" she asked as she chopped up some tomatoes.

"I don't know. He hasn't said anything," I replied, as I furiously wiped my tears, which were caused by the onions I was chopping. "Why did you allow us to go? We usually do all festivities together."

"I wanted you to experience something different," she replied and my eyebrows shot up in suspicion. The fondness she had for Abel was as clear as day but it didn't explain the sudden urge she had to send us away for the majority of the day.

"What's Kai doing tomorrow?" Ama asked Mom, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"He's spending the day with me," she replied.

We cooked in a loud silence before parting ways.

"Hi!" I exclaimed, hugging Abel.