Eighty-Two

People shouted at me the second the doors opened. "Patriot fool!" "Ungrateful belt buckler!" I stiffened at that one. Belt buckler was a polite term for working girl.

That scene was five minutes ago.

Now, I was tied to a chair, hands behind my back and one foot to each front chair leg. They haven't done anything, just threaten me. I haven't said another word since the inn. Didn't plan to, either.

The door opened and I steeled my face to neutral, looking straight ahead.

"What a pretty little thing you are." A stranger's voice cooed dangerously. I heard them walk behind me and I stiffened. "It's not everyday I get to question a lady, let alone one so pretty, so young."

I felt the tip of a sharp object slide up my spine, just so I could feel it, no cutting or slicing. The weapon stopped just at my neck. I felt the cold metal bite into me.

I winced, immediately removing the look. "You wanna be a good girl and tell me where your daddy lives?" He asked, slightly pressing the the blade into my skin. I felt it break through, blood arising.

I didn't moved. I had to remind myself to remain calm. Panic kills.

You are Y/F/N Schuyler. A familiar voice rang in my mind. My voice. Captain of the seas, Princeton student, sister, proud daughter, army general, capturer of British scum. You. Do. Not. Falter.

The stranger lost his patience and yanked my head back with my hair. I cringed and whimpered quietly. He pressed the blade to my neck and I stopped breathing.

I couldn't see his face, just his pitch black hair. "Tell me or worse will come." He shouted into my ear. I didn't even look at him.

You are Y/F/N Schuyler. Captain of the seas, Princeton student, sister, proud daughter, army general, capturer of British scum. You. Do. Not. Yield.

He tossed my head forward and I felt tears fall. My heart was pounding as I took a silent breath. I'm going to die. I'm going to die defending my family. I've spent my life saying I would. This is my test.

Panic started to creep over me as the man stepped in front of me. My head was hung low. He was going to kill me slowly. So, so slowly. My blood pounded in my ears and I felt my feet twitch in nervous anticipation.

The man cackled and pinned my head up by my forehead. He pinned the knife to my shoulder and sliced. I screamed as the blood pooled. Fire burned my entire right side as I leaned away from the knife.

The cut was three inches long and God knew how deep. I could tell I'd survive, judging by the blood flow, but that didn't stop my breathing to get ragged.

"Tell me or it's your leg next." He snapped. I clamped my mouth shut and he gritted his teeth. He grabbed the hem of my skirts and flipped them up to my thighs. Scandalous!

He swiped the blade over my calf and I screamed in pain, doubling over in my seat. I wanted to just make it stop! I was sobbing at this point.

"You did this yourself. There is no going back." He said aggressively. He yanked my head back again. "Any words?" He whispered.

You are Y/F/N Schuyler. Captain of the seas, Princeton Student, sister, proud daughter, army general, capturer of British scum.

I spat in his face. "I. Do. Not. Yield."