Ch:6 ~ 𝐹𝑒𝒶𝓇 ~

—

As I laid down into my bed looking up at the ceiling all I did was just think about our life here. I couldn't or wouldn't let anything come in between Clay and me. That was my number one fear now. It's crazy because not long ago my main fear was freakin losing somebody close to me and now that has vanished and became real. Now, my main goal is not to ruin our life here. Not one thing.

Sitting up from my bed I looked around my room observing it. I wanted to give myself a pat on the back for how nicely I had decorated. First of all, Clay was right about this nice green view out. I walked over and watched the scenery. It was something you will see in fantasy. I was glad for the nice white window couch connected to it so I can sit. It was perfect for anything.

As I got lost in the view I got curious about where Grandma was. But before I can think further into it I hear the backdoor from the kitchen close. I quickly went downstairs and into the kitchen so I can prepare some dinner. I wouldn't say I was a good cook but I knew the basics since...mom used to teach me. In her only available time, she would make time to teach me which I much appreciated and missed.

When I took out salt and pepper from the cabinets Rose came in with some bags in hand. "What do you think you're doing?" She asked placing what I assume is groceries on the counter. I shrugged and turned on the heat.

"Cooking some steak," I said not bothered as I continued to fix everything up.

"Rachel-"

"No, Rose I want to cook this - Really it's no problem," I said taking the steak out of the refrigerator. I wasn't going to let her cook for Clay and me this whole time. She had already done enough with handing us a place to stay. The least I can do is cook some dinner for all of us once in a while.

"Fine, but I'm helping," I rolled my eyes. She really is persistent. Now I know where dad got it from. Suddenly, the memory of that one time comes to mind. When dad didn't want to buy the white couch we had back at home but obviously, mom convinced him with her lady charms but after many tries, since he was persistent like Rose here. "What's wrong?" Rose asked as she placed the oil into the steaming pan. I shook my head shaking my thoughts aside. I hadn't realized I'd frozen in place.

"I'm fine just lost in thought," I said faking a short smile. Instead, of asking me what, she went back to placing the oil into the pan.

"Where's Clay?" She asked and I pointed upstairs.

"He is up, fixing some of his polaroids," I explained and she nodded.'

"He really loves that thing doesn't he?" It didn't take me long to know what she meant - she was talking about the camera he carried around all the time.

"Yup, he treats as if it's his baby," I said making her laugh.

"He really does,"

>>>