Ch.30: ~𝒟𝒾𝓃𝓃𝑒𝓇~

—

To say I was surprised I was extremely surprised.

Rose.

My grandma.

The person who has always disliked Wyatt Willows is now asking me to bring him for dinner?

I was bewildered.

"R-rose are you sure about this?" I asked still thinking she was joking around with me.

"Of course, Rae Rae, don't act so surprised, I've just had a change of heart. I've realized I haven't given the boy a chance anyway." This was huge. I really thought she wasn't going to even try to put this behind her.

"Well, ok. I'll let him know tomorrow morning then." I said happily but still quite confused about the sudden change of personality. Don't get me wrong! I was extremely amazed at the news she wanted to meet and have a decent dinner with Wyatt in our house but it just seemed very sudden.

Once I came home from school she was acting all sweetness and rainbows even surprising Clayton. Then she told me to sit and that's when she told me the change of heart.

"Wait! So Wyatt is coming tomorrow?" Clayton asked as he jumped off the couch and onto the floor making me widen my eyes and smile at the same time.

"That's what Grandma Rose said." I raised my eyebrows teasingly to Rose who had a petrifying glare on her face now.

"Hey, now! Now that I'm being nice doesn't mean you need to call me Grandma, and take advantage!" She shouted as she crouched down to pick up a pillow that was thrown out on the floor ready to attack us.

Both Clay and I went into action and crouched down beside the couch as Rose threw the pillow and we let out a piercing scream.

>>>

"Are you April fooling me?" Wyatt asked as he dropped an arm around my shoulder.

"No, she literally just told me last night she wanted you to come over for dinner because she hasn't really given you a chance," I explained as Wyatt still couldn't believe the news. "I was as surprised as you but it's true."

"I'm not surprised I just knew she would eventually warm up to me and get a soft spot for me." I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm.

"Now, Now don't get too excited. She just wanted to give you a chance and invite you for dinner, so you still have got to win yourself into her heart." I said as he looked down at me amusingly.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing." He said as he buried his face into my neck making me laugh. We sat in our seats waiting for the teacher to come in.

"Hey, lovebirds," Scarlet said as she came to sit with Oliver by her side.

"Sup, Bro, Rachel."