Ch:9 ~ 𝐼𝓂𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 ~

—

"Hey, where were you?" Scarlet asked as she stood beside me and I closed my locker.

"Wyatt wanted to apologize for leaving suddenly yesterday," I said and she raised a perfect eyebrow at me.

"He left suddenly?" She asked and I nodded not wanting to put many minds into it.

"Wow, Sliver," She exclaimed thoughfully. Then her mood suddenly changed into a worried? Nervous expression? I had an idea as to why or more who but I still asked.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Just the thought of seeing him again, is nerve-racking," She said and I raised my eyebrows in actual surprise at her. It didn't take an idiot to know who she was talking about. Her. Scarlet. Is. Nervous. God, I've known her for 4 days and I already am shocked because this is so not her. I wasn't going to call her out on it though maybe another time. Right now she needed reassurance.

"Look, don't think much of it," I said.

"Ugh, I'm sorry for being annoying about this," She said. I smiled and shook my head.

"No, biggie,"

>>>

As I headed home I didn't see Rose's car so I was guessing she was probably picking Clayton up still or they went somewhere. The less awkward tension when Wyatt gets here.

I went into the house and walked over to the kitchen before placing my school bag into one of the chairs. I opened the refrigerator and took out some lemons, water, and sugar. I was for some odd reason craving some lemonade.

When I begin to squeeze some lemons into the lemonade glass pitcher the doorbell rings. I put the halfway squeezed lemon on the counter and skip over to the door. Knowing Rose she wouldn't knock so I already knew who was behind the door. Once I opened it I fake smiled and stepped aside to let him in.

"Um, you can sit over here at the dining table while I finish making this lemonade," I said walking back to finish my lemonade.

"Want help?" He asked and I looked over at him.

"No, thanks," I said squeezing in the last few lemons. He snickered and walked over next to me before grabbing a knife. My mind automatically goes to its dark space. What if he just straight out stabs me? What if all this time he and his brother's mission were just to kill girls. My thoughts go away when he began to cut the lemons in two.

When I began to continue squeezing my lemons I see him smirk as he continued to cut the last two lemons. What the hell was so funny? I wasn't planning to ask.

"You have any siblings?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"A little brother,"  I said simply finishing up squeezing the lemons I turn over to grab some water from the refrigerator. Once it's filled up I place it into the pitcher.