41

this pic is necessary for this chapter lol

"What are you doing here?!" I whisper yelled as I shut the front door behind me.

Alex sat down on my porch steps and folded his hands over one another. (lexi u get a cookie)

"I came to apologize," He sighed. I stayed where I was, backed up against the door, one hand on the handle just in case things got ugly.

"To apologize!?" I yelled. Alex turned around and gave me a look and I realized I was too loud. I could practically sense my dad listening through the door. "To apologize?" I whispered.

I moved away from where I stood and sat next to him on the cold cement.

"I'm not a girlfriend-beater," he sighed as he rubbed his face, I noticed he hadn't shaved in a while. He stopped and looked me in the eyes. "I know who I am Jordyn."

"And who is that?" I asked, curious on where he was going with this.

"I'm Alex Dawson and aw hell, I'm a fuck up," he groaned. He covered his face with his hands.

"Alex, you're not a fuck up," I rolled my eyes as I watched the neighbor across the street grab his mail out of his chicken shaped mailbox.

"I checked into rehab," he said so quiet I almost didn't catch what he said. I turned my head quickly and looked at him.

"Are you serious?" I gasped. He needed help but I didn't think he would get it. He took his hands off his face and looked at me.

"Yeah, alcoholism runs in my family. Fuck, sorry this is getting deep," he groaned and picked up a rock, flinging it into a bush.

"It's okay, keep going," I gave him a sympathetic smile as I placed my hand on his back.

"My dad was an alcoholic and he hit me," Alex sighed and looked at the ground. "He went to jail when I was thirteen because he hit me in the grocery store. The police did an investigation and now he's in there for a hell of a long time."

"Who was the man I met at your house then?" I asked.

"My stepdad, Jason. My mom divorced my dad and married him. She had no clue my dad was hitting me until that day he got arrested.."

I was at loss for words. Sure, Alex did some awful things but he didn't deserve any of this.

"Alex, I'm-"

"Don't say it," he held a hand up to me, "I'm the one who should be apologizing. I get like my dad when I'm drunk. I didn't mean to hurt you Jordyn..or Ashton. Can you ever forgive me?" He stared at me and grabbed my hands in his. I just stared at the sky, thinking about what he said.

"I can try," his face lit up as I said this, "but, it'll take a while. You need to talk to Ashton too."

"Thank you Jordyn! By the way, how are you guys?"

I shrugged.

This time I shrugged. I guess it ran in our relationship.

"We've been better."

a/n
no she did not forgive him, but she's gonna give him another chance k
TOLD U ALEX WASNT DONE IN THE STORY. so i was not planning on this backstory for alex but just roll with it.

thanks for 56k!

don't be a ghostie, i work really hard on story and it'd be wonderful if you faved and commented. <3

love, j