Chapter 20: Surprise Encore

CHAPTER 20

It's been two weeks since the Alex incident. No charges were pressed against him due to the fact my mom didn't want to draw any negative attention towards Ashton. They played it off to the media like he got hit in the face with a car door. It seems like most people believe it too. My mom has banned me from the studio for the time being, just until our bruises are all gone which should be any day now. Ash has been ignoring my texts and calls. My mom has told me that he and the boys have been in countless meetings and interviews over the past couple weeks. Apparently something big was going to happen and they had left me out of the loop.

I had been surprised when Ashton contacted me out of the blue yesterday.

"Hey Jor, are you free tomorrow?" His voice was muffled and it was hard to hear him.

"Yeah why?" I asked, shifting the phone to my right ear so I could continue stirring the soup I was making.

"We're having a concert and you can get some great footage for your documentary." He responded.

"Okay, I'll be there." I sighed into the phone. "Hey Asht-" It was too late he had already hung up.

Currently I am setting up my equipment between the barricade and the stage at the venue. The boys are soundchecking and I haven't seen my mom since we got here.

"Luke Hemmings can I have sex with you?" Calum sings into the mic.

Luke looks over at him and starts laughing as he plays the chord progressions to 'She Looks So Perfect.'

"Wow Calum!" Michael whines.

"You're all idiots!" I yell as I set my camera on its tripod. Today I'm working with a bunch of new equipment and I'm ecstatic.

"I like boobs." Luke says, looking directly at me.

"So do I." Michael chimes in and all the boys stop playing their instruments.

"Jordyn Ellis has boobs." Calum sings.

I raise my eyebrow at him and continue plugging in my equipment.

"We like Jordyn Ellis." Michael says.

"Mostly for her boobs." Luke chuckles into his mic.

"Oh really?" I question as I raise both my middle fingers, flipping them off.

"Hurtful." Calum says with no depth to his voice.

"That's great guys! You're done!" Greg, the sound guy, yells.

Ashton rushes off the stage as quick as he can and Mike and Calum follow right after him.

"He's hates me." I mumble as Luke sits down on the edge of the stage.

"He's blaming himself you know." He says back to me.

"For what?" I say, fumbling around with a couple knotted cords.

"The nudes thing." He sighs.

"He shouldn't be, he was just trying to protect me and I screwed everything up." I groan as I fail trying to get the cords untangled.

"Let me see that." Luke says reaching out his hand and grabbing the bunch of knotted chords. "He got so drunk on Mike's birthday, I've never seen him drink more than two but he ended up having like four."

"I screwed up ok!? You don't need to keep telling me, I already feel bad about it." I say angrily, yanking the now untangled cords out of his hands.

"Jordyn," he groans, lightly kicking my thigh with his ripped black vans.

"Thanks for the footprint on my pants." I say sarcastically.