43

I walked out of school, backpack completely empty. It felt nice to not have any homework this weekend except for editing my documentary. A crisp breeze made me hug my arms to my chest as I walked across the parking lot to my car. I got in and started my car as my Parachute album started to blare through the speakers.

Just as I was about to put it into drive, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I clicked open my messages to discover a text from Evelyn.

yeah he was deffo @ a meeting alright
[attachment]

My jaw dropped at the picture. It was of Ashton, he looked drunk as hell and his arms were draped around some girl who looked drunk as well.

I angrily hit my hands in the steering wheel before I opened up a new text with Ashton.

we need to talk.

I threw my phone on the seat next to me. Tears started to fall down my cheeks as The Mess I Made started to play.

How did our relationship end up like this? Endless fights and disagreements. We were fine a month ago. I remember how my dad told me that Ashton and I could make a long distance relationship work, but now I wasn't so sure he was right.

I thought back to the day Ashton told me he loved me for the first time. A brief smile made an appearance on my face as I drove into my sub.

I loved Ashton so much it hurt but it also hurt to see him that close with another girl.

I wiped underneath my eyes as I pulled into my driveway. I shut off my car and slowly made my way inside.

"Hey Jordano," my dad called as I entered the house. He had some obsession with calling me that for the past few days.

"Hi dad," I mumbled as I kicked off my shoes. I started going up the stairs as my dad spoke again.

"You hungry?"

"No dad."

"Okay, let me know if you are Sprout. It's just you and me tonight, your mama's working around the clock." I scrunched my face up at his use of the word "mama". It made me uncomfortable.

I tossed my bag on my bed and sat down at my desk. I opened my laptop and checked my phone to reveal a text from Ashton.

I'm on skype rn.

I clicked on Skype and it took less then a minute for his face to pop up on my screen.

"I'm sorry," we both blurted at the same time.

"No, I blew up at you and I shouldn't have. I just had a bad day that day and I took it out on you, I'm sorry Jordyn." He gave me a sympathetic smile as he rested his hand on his chin.

"I'm sorry too."

"You have nothing to be sorry about babe."

I shrugged my shoulders and played with my fingers, trying to figure out how I was going to bring up the mystery girl.

"I miss you Jordyn," he sighed, "this sucks."

"It does," I agreed.

"We're writing some new songs." He smiled. He rubbed his nose and sat back in his chair. His hair was pushed back by the red bandana that rested on his forehead. His Rolling Stones T-Shirt was cut so much it caused him to have a nip slip. I mentally laughed at it.

I nodded back with a slight smile on my face.

"How was your meeting?" I asked quietly as I played with a loose piece on my phone case.

"My meeting?" He questioned as he scratched the back of his head. "My meeting!"

"I know you didn't have a meeting, Ashton, I'm not dumb," I sighed, putting my phone back down on my desk.

"I promise you Jordyn I didn't cheat on you, she's a daughter of one of our crew members and she's a drummer and we were both a little drunk. We were talking, only talking! I get clingy and emotional when I'm drunk, but you know that.."

I looked back at him with sad eyes.

"I trust you Ashton but-"

"But?" He asked. He sat up in his chair and leaned closer to the screen.

"You know I love you more than anything, right?" I asked him. He raised his eyebrows at me and nodded his head.

"Then you'll understand," I began.

"Understand what?" Ashton questioned as he cut me off.

"Ashton, we should break up." The words felt heavy as they escaped my lips. Ashton's jaw dropped.

"Jordyn, no, what? I love you, you love me. I don't get what's going on." His voice started to shake and I could tell he was trying to hold back tears.

"We're so young Ashton, I'm eighteen and you're almost twenty! This is my first relationship and it's long distance. We've been trying our best but there's been a lot of misunderstanding and fights. I care about and love you so much and I'm not saying we can never be together but, I just don't think that it's working for us right now."

"Jordyn-"

"Ashton, I'm so sorry." I choked out the last words as tears rolled down my cheeks. Ashton's eyes were glossed over and wide as I ended the call.

I immediately crawled under the covers of my bed. I felt like an awful person but I knew in my heart that this would benefit the both of us in the end.

"I'm so sorry," I muttered to myself as. Muffled sobs escaped my lips and into my pillow. It was going to be a long night of crying.

A/N
I ship Ashton and Jordyn so hard I honestly wish she was a real person. MY HEART HURTS. :(

7 more chapters of SID left!!

Let's get to 60k shall we?

Thank you so so much for reading.

Love, Jen