Chapter 19: Miserable With Insomnia

CHAPTER 19

"I actually know what that text message thing was about." Ashton gulps from where he's standing in my mom's office.

I check the time on my phone, 2:13 am.

"You left your phone on the floor yesterday and it buzzed and I didn't know where you were.. So I looked at it." He says slowly, looking me in the eyes.

I breathe out slowly, staring straight up at my ceiling.

"It was from Alex...he asked for pictures."

"Pictures?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Like..nudes Jordyn." He sighs, running his fingers through his messy hair.

My eyes fill with tears and I try to blink them away.

My mom gasps from her chair. I sit there speechless.

"So, I deleted the text message and gave your phone to your mum, pretending it never happened. I was just trying to protect you Jor.. I'm so sorry."

The tears I have been trying to hold back are now running down my face.

"You were trying to protect me?!" I shout, standing up from my chair. "How did that work out for you!?"

"Jordyn." My mom says.

"Next time, don't try and protect me." I snap, slamming the door as I walked out of my mom's office.

I attempt to roll over but stop myself due to the sharp pain in my side. We went to the hospital and I ended up with a concussion and two broken ribs. The painkillers I was prescribed weren't working at all and currently I'm laying in bed, miserable with insomnia.

I'm upset at myself for telling Ashton that it was his fault I got hurt.

It wasn't, he was just trying to protect me that's all.

But of course I had to be the asshole that I am and tell him off.

Why did I have to push everyone away?

•*•*•*•

"You look awful you poor thing!" Evelyn exclaims, sliding into the booth next to Luke.

"Yeah, you look like shit." He says bluntly.

I roll my eyes at him, but I do agree with him.

"And you look like an ass." She snaps at Luke.

"Eves, calm down." I laugh. "Luke this is Evelyn, Evelyn this is Luke who is NOT an ass."

"Nice to meet you." Luke chuckles, extending his arm.

"Ugh, I'm sorry." She says shaking his hand.

"The last time we were here, you got Coke poured all over you by that Angelina girl." Luke starts laughing as he turns back to me.

"Haha." I glare at him, remembering that awful moment from a little over a week ago.

"So does this count as our girl's day out?" Eves asks, changing the subject.

Luke clears his throat, trying to remind her that he's still here.

"Yeah, because Luke's totally a girl." I joke.

"Yeah, what did you want anyways?" He asks, swirling his straw around in his water.

"Okay," I sit up straight and place my hands on the table. "Ashton and I kissed." I rush out.

"Seriously!?" Eves practically shouts.

"Tell me something I don't know." Luke smirks at me.

"How'd you know? Did Ash tell you?"

"No. I figured it out when you two were walking by the studio. While you two were talking to Michael on the way to your mom's office I noticed that Ashton's hair was really messy. Like, the make-out kind of messy. Then, I noticed that your lips were awfully swollen. And there you have it folks, how to tell if there's been a make-out session in the women's bathroom." He leans back and places his hands behind his head. A smug smile plastered on his face.

"Wow, observant." I nod at him. "I bet he hates me. I told him off after he told me about the nudes thing."

"Trust me he doesn't hate you. He just feels really awful Jor. He feels like he's let you down." Luke replies, putting his hands back in his lap.

"I think you should talk to him, tell him you're sorry." Eves says.

"I don't want him to be upset. I'm such an awful friend." I groan.

"Girlfriend." Luke coughs.

"We're not dating." I roll my eyes at him.

"Yet." Eves chimes in. Smiles take over the expressions on their faces.

Like they said, I'm not Ashton's girlfriend yet, but I plan to change that soon.

-

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The wait for this chapter was unreal, I've been so busy and I'M SO SORRY. Plus, I didn't really know how to write this chapter. It's kind of a filler and I'm really sorry.

ANYWAYS, I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT.

ASHTON IRWIN IS PREGNANT WITH TWINS AND THE FATHER IS BOB SAGET. #bobshtonsagwin

JUST KIDDING. HERE'S THE REAL ANNOUNCEMENT.

I plan to have this story completed before June 15. But I am planning another Ash fic! Details are still being worked out and I intend to tell y'all the title and other info once I figure it out. I plan to start posting the new fic around June 23! (It's a twist on the faded friendship and forbidden love kind of stories;o)

OH AND THANK YOU FOR 5K OMG! I'M SETTING MYSELF ON FIRE. Y'ALL ARE AMAZING.

Much love,

Jenna

P.S. Remember when I was craving steak? WELL GUESS WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND IS HAVING IT FOR DINNER? THISSSS GIRLLLL. ;)