Chapter 22: Shirtless And Shoeless

CHAPTER 22

My phone buzzes on my nightstand as I struggle to pull my shorts on.

"Hello?" I grunt into the phone, not bothering to check caller ID.

"What is wrong with you? Is our little Jor constipated?" Luke chuckles on the other end.

"I'm currently trying to get my shorts on, what do you want?" I huff, tugging the jean shorts over my hips.

"Saucy." I roll my eyes. "Ashton has been worrying all day. He wants this date to got perfectly. I don't know what you do to him." He chuckles.

"I don't kn-"

The doorbell rings, sending my body into panic mode.

"Luke, Ash just got here and I'm currently shirtless. I gotta go!" I rush out.

"Ooh somebody's looking for second base tonight." He laughs just as I end the call. He was definitely getting slapped later for that one.

"Jordyn!" My mom calls.

"I'm coming!" I walk over to my dresser and pull out a bunch of shirts. None of them matched the look I was going for in my head. I went over to my dirty clothes pile and picked out my Fall Out Boy crop top.

"Jordyn!" My mom calls again.

"I said I'm coming!" I bring the shirt to my nose and sniff it. It smelled fine so I slipped it over my head and grabbed my bottle of perfume and spritzed a bit on my neck just in case my nose was fooling me. I grabbed my purse from my floor and ran out of my room and down the stairs.

My foot, of course, caught on the last step and I sprung forward, Ashton's arms caught me before I faceplanted onto the floor.

"You just can't wait to get your hands on me." He chuckles softly.

"Excuse me." I scoff, standing up.

"Let me go get my camera!" My mom gushes as she leaves the room.

"What?"

"Que?" Ashton and I exchange weird glances.

"She wants this to keep this memory forever." My dad grumbles.

"Ew." I scrunch my nose.

"Well, excuse me." Ashton pretends to sound offended as he puts a hand on his heart.

"Just go, just go." My dad grabbed our arms and practically shoved us out the door.

"Why such a hurry Mr. Ellis?" Ashton wonders as my dad peers at us from inside.

"Because it's date night for me and Lizzie." He answers quickly and shuts the door on us.

"I-"

"Hey," my dad says peeking his head out the door once again, "remember what I told you, hands off or I'll get my shotgun."

"Y-yessir." Ashton stutters as his face turns beet red.

"Have fun you two." My dad smiles.

"You too Daddy." I reply as he closes the door.

"Not too much fun." Ashton mumbles next to me.

"What are you talking about?"

"Your dad's been gone 3 yea-"

"2 years." I interrupt.

"Whatever, 2 years, and now that he's back, they finally have the house alone..." He trails off, hoping I would catch on. I did catch on and a shriek left my mouth.

"Shutup Ellis. You're gonna ruin the mood." Ashton chuckles as we leave the porch.

"You're a sick minded boy Ashton Irwin! I did not need to know that." I pout.

"Um, Jor?"

"Mmm."

"Where are your shoes?" He asks. I stop walking and look down at my feet, which are currently naked.

"Inside." I sigh and turn around to jog back to the house. I jiggle the door handle and discover it's locked. Just as I'm about to ring the doorbell Ashton stops me.

"I told you not to ruin the mood." He says bending down and slipping off his shoes.

"What on earth are you doing?"

"I am making you look less like an idiot, because I care about you Jordyn Ellis." He sends me a grin as he tosses the shoes behind him. They find their new location in one of the bushes out front of my house. "C'mon," he says as he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers, "let's go on our first date."

-

A/N

I SAID IT WOULD BE EARLY AND THEN SCHOOL HAD TO BE A BUTT. I'M SO SORRY. I was planning to have the whole date in this chapter but I'm currently writing this on the bus home for softball SO I'LL MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER THE ACTUAL DATE.

Please fav and comment!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 11.5K THAT IS UNREAL!

Much love,

Jenna