45

IF YOU LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE READING YOU'LL PROBABLY COMBUST AND/OR CRY
SORRY IN ADVANCE

My breathing was uneven, and I felt like I was going to throw up. My feet felt heavy and I just wanted to stop running. A car horn woke me up out of my trance as it nearly ran me over. I collapsed to the ground and hit my head on the pavement but got back up. I could feel blood oozing down my right knee as I continued to run through the parking lot. My face was stained with mascara and tears and my hair was probably all knotted from me constantly tugging on it on the car ride over here.

"Jordyn!" I heard my dad yell from behind me. I knew he was running after me. I just ran faster at the sound of his voice.

This couldn't be happening. It was like a nightmare come true.

thirty minutes earlier

eves: ready 4 ur Spanish presentation???

me: yeah, last class of the day i'm 3000000% ready

eves: good luck jordy<33

I stuck my phone back in my pocket as I walked into my final class of the day, Spanish 4. I had a stupid presentation today that I had worked so hard on. I sat down in my seat as the rest of the class walked in, chattier than ever.

"Hola clase," Señora Rodriguez greeted us as the final bell rang.

"Hoy es la día de proyectos. Jordyn es primero." I groaned as I pushed myself up from my desk in the back of the room. I gripped my notes firmly in my hands as I placed my tri-fold presentation board on the table in the front of the classroom.

"Mi proyecto es de-" I'd barely gotten four words out of my mouth when someone knocked on the doorframe. Miss Adams, the secretary, stepped into the room, her young, perfect face looked troubled.

"Mrs. Rodriguez? Can I steal Jordyn from you please?" She asked politely as she shifted her weight from one foot to another.

"Can it wait? She's doing her presentation right now." My curly, blonde haired Spanish teacher responded.

"No, I'm afraid it's urgent."

I crinkled my nose at her response.

"Go ahead Jordyn, you can do your presentation tomorrow." She waved her hand towards the door as she dismissed me.

"Gracias," I mumbled as I shuffled to the back of the room to grab my backpack. The whole class was watching me as I made my way to the front of the room.

Miss Adams turned on her heels and began to walk down the hallway towards the office. Her shiny, black heels made an eerie noise in the vacated hallway. She was walking so fast I could barely keep up with her.

She disappeared into the office and I started to jog. My backpack was unzipped and I could feel my books starting to fall out. Luckily I made it to the office before that could happen.

I came to a complete halt when my eyes landed on my dad.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I asked, confusion etched across my face.

"Sweetie," he paused as he placed his hand on my shoulder. Miss Adams sent me a sympathetic look from her desk.

What was going on?

"There's been an accident." He said the four words that no one ever wanted to hear. My eyes widened and filled up with tears.

"Mom?" I asked, squeezing my eyes shut. This couldn't be happening.

My dad rubbed his hand over his face and let out a sigh. He didn't respond.

I pushed passed a family walking out of the hospital with smiles on their faces, I caught their worried glances as I ran by.

The hospital lobby pretty much empty when I entered.

"Miss, can I help you?" The man at the front desk asked me.

"T-there was an accident," I began to hypervenilate as I started talking. Tears formed in my eyes once again.

"Who're you looking for Sweetie?" He asked as he looked at me with concern.

"Ashton Irwin and Terrance Joseph."

screaming.! i've been waiting SO long to write this chapter OMG. PLEASE COMMENT and FAVE if you liked this aND WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. PS only five chappies left.

THANKS FOR READING.!
Love, Jenna