Chapter 31

By the time Ashton came back I was fast asleep. He was right, drumsticks were weirdly soothing to sleep with.

"Come on Sweetheart." He mumbled in my ear as he slid his hands underneath my body. I groaned as he picked me up bridal style.

"Ashton no." I grumbled, my hand
swatting at his face trying to make him put me down.

"I would so let you sleep in my bed but my mom told me that your dad wouldn't like it. Sorry Baby." He whispered as he made his way through the dark house.

"I hate you." I whined. Ashton didn't see the doorway and my head slammed into the wall.

"Ashton Irwn!" I cried, I pinched him so he'd let me down and I landed on the floor with a thud. I rubbed my hand over my now throbbing head.

"Jordyn! I'm so sorry!" He kneeled down next to me and felt over my head, making sure I was okay.

"Say that to my concussion." I grumbled, slapping his hand away.

"I didn't mean it honestly!"

I could barely make out his facial features in the moonlight but I could tell he was pouting.

"Come here you Big Lug." I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down to the ground with me.

"Are you seriously okay?" He asked, his nose rubbing against mine.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I smiled, not that he could tell anyways.

"Good.." He trailed off as he brought his lips to mine.

"Good." I breathed back in between kisses.

I thought about a week from now. In a week I'd be back in California, it was a place I barely considered home and it didn't help that I wouldn't be with the one person who made it bearable. Who knows the next time I'll see Ashton. It could be weeks or even months. I guess my thoughts played into my actions because I currently had a shirtless Ashton Irwin on top of me. I pulled away and lightly kissed his nose.

"What's wrong Jor?" He asked, sensing something was wrong.

"Nothing, let's not worry about it now." Ashton held his hand out to me and helped me up from the ground.

"Here's your bed." Ashton said as he fumbled around in the dark. I followed his voice and crawled into the bed he was standing next to.

"Goodnight Baby." He cooed as he tucked me in. He left a lingering kiss on my forehead before pulling away.

"Goodnight Ash, don't let the bed bugs bite." I replied, the exhaustion already setting in.

"I'm a room away if you need me." He said softly before exiting.

~

"I need you, I need you, I need you." I muttered, my eyes wider than a deer's caught in headlights. I backed up to the edge of my bed so that of I would move an inch I'd fall out the window.

My phone was in my hands and the flashlight was pointing at the biggest spider I've ever seen in my life. It of course was between the door and I.

"Come on Jordyn, he's just a room away.. He's just a room away.." I moved over slightly and lightly hit the wall. I placed my ear to it and hit it again, this time a little harder.

Nothing.

I hit it one more time but this time I hit it so hard I'm pretty sure the spider moved.

I heard rustling in the room over and eventually footsteps coming towards my room.

"Jordyn, what is goi- THAT'S A BIG ASS SPIDER."

"Ashton, I am not sleeping in this room anymore." I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't worry I don't expect you to. Hold up that light for me." I did as told as he took a shoe, one of mine to be exact, to the spider that was the size of my hand.

"Ashton! That's my..shoe.." I sighed as the spider was killed with my shoe.

"I'll get you a new one, don't worry about it." He said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room and towards his own. He lifted the covers and I crawled underneath, he followed right after. His arms arms wrapped loosely around me and his chin rested on top of my head.

"You're always safe with me Jordyn."

At that's when it hit me. California obviously wasn't home and I only missed Michigan. Home was whenever I was with Ashton.

Author's Note:
So I haven't posted in awhile, I'm sincerely sorry for that. School has gotten so crazy. It doesn't help that I have a concussion where I'm having trouble making coherent sentences and I'm just generally confused (I even forgot what class I was sitting in today). So if there are any mistakes in this, that is why.
Thank you for 43k! Love, Jenna