Chapter 30

I groggily walked off the plane, still unsure of my surroundings.

I didn't know what time it was or what day it was for that matter. I just knew that I was in Australia and that I just took the longest flight of my life.

I followed the signs down to the baggage claim and just as I was about to wait for my luggage I caught sight of a sign that read my name on it.

"Jordyn?" The blonde woman, who I recognized as Ashton's mom asked as I approached.

"Ms. Irwin?" I asked as I put my arm out to shake her hand.

"Oh! Call me Ann." She smiled and pulled me in for a hug instead.

"It's nice to meet you," I laughed, awakened by her bright and bubbly personality.

"It's nice to meet you too! I like your shirt by the way." She said as she pulled away and gestured to my 5 Seconds of Summer shirt. Ashton had gotten it for me for Christmas along with a silver arrow heart necklace that read the cute, yet cheesy phrase, 'forever & always' across the front of it. Ann unzipped her coat and revealed the same shirt (except for the color, which hers was black and mine was white).

"We have nice taste." I giggled, my eyes rested on two other people, more like children, standing next to her. I recognized them as his siblings from some photos he showed me.

"Oh, this is Harry and Lauren." Ann gushed as she lightly pushed the two shy kids towards me.

Lauren waved and Harry held his hand out for me and I generously accepted and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you guys. I'm gonna go grab my suitcase, I'll be right back." I backed away from them and as soon as I spotted my suitcase I jogged over and grabbed it. It was a large Hello Kitty suitcase that I'd gotten when I was 12, I was just too lazy and broke to upgrade to a different one.

"Ready?" Ann asked as I walked up beside her and I nodded my head, following her and the kids out the door.

I was surprised as we walked outside, it was so hot even though it was the nighttime, California wasn't this hot when I had left and I'm pretty sure Michigan never got this hot.

I sighed as I tugged Ashton's sweatshirt jacket off my shoulders and rested it on my suitcase. My flight was the last one to get in so there was barely any cars in the parking lot.

"Here I'll help." Harry piped up as his mom opened the trunk to their car. He grabbed my suitcase and tried to lift it, but it only came off the ground a couple of inches. I reached over and helped him place it in the car. I grabbed Ashton's sweatshirt as I gave him a high five.

"Good job, thank you." I smiled as I opened the door to sit shotgun. "This is so weird."

"You'll get used to it." Ann laughed as she noticed me trying to get comfortable in my seat. I was not used to shotgun being on the left side. She pulled out of the spot and started driving as I finally got comfortable.

"We'll be home in te-" She was cut off by her phone ringing. "Hello? Ash, hi sweetie." She glanced over at me as she said his name. "What do you mean you're home? I thought you and the boys would be out until midnight."

I looked at the clock, it read 11:03 p.m.

"Okay..Mmhmm..Ashton don't swear! Maybe Jordyn's busy... Don't worry about her, I'm sure she's fine...Bye Ash, love you." She pressed the end button and looked up at me.

"He's nervous, he hasn't heard from you in a day he says." She laughed and I smiled.

I was so lucky.