Push my buttons

Will's POV:

We walked down the dark streets together. Even though it was spring, there was a chilly breeze in the air that reminded us summer was still months away. I could see Brian was shivering, so I took off my jacket and gave it to him. "Here", I muttered and shoved the jacket on him, pretending that he was being such a big bother when he really wasn't. Brian handed it back. "I'm not gonna wear it", he said. I rolled my eyes. "Brian, it's time to let down your pride and accept help from others. You can't always depend on yourself", I spoke and patted him on the back. He rolled his eyes and punched me in the arm. "I'm not wearing your jacket because you just bought me a fucking jacket. Fucking idiot", he sighted as he put on his own jacket. Oh....

To hide from the embarrassment I just went through, I decided to change the subject. "You curse a lot", I observed. He shrugged. "You don't curse enough".  "Cursing is the way to hell", I said. He arched his brow and gave me a look. "You don't really believe that?", he asked. I sighted and looked down. "No", I muttered. "But I don't think cursing is pleasant to listen to, so I don't do it." As we talked, we rounded a corner and walked through the doors into the hotel.

"I believe cursing is healthy!", Brian rambled on as we got in the elevator.  It was my time to arch my brows. "Brian what the heck?" I pressed the button to the 5th floor while Brian walked around in small circles, flailing his arms as he excitedly rambled on. "Yeah because cursing is a healthy way to get out anger", he struck out his hands like he had just solved worlds biggest problem. "Imagine this", he said as he held his hands almost together, creating a small space of air. "This is how angry you are", he said. "And then, because you don't have a healthy coping mechanism, you anger grows", he said as he widened his hand. "And the one day... BOOM", he yelled as he yelled as he jumped in front of me while stretching out his hands. "Your anger will explode like a zit. Think about that", he said as he leaned close to my face while tapping is temple. 

His logic made no sense, but he was cute when he got all excited. Really cute.

The elevator doors opened, and Brian and I jumped away from each other. Miss Johnson was standing at the other side of the door, giving us a look. What are you boys up to now? I will tolerate no fights or hookups in the elevator. This is a classy hotel", she said in a half stern voice, amusement sparked in her eyes. "You have a bedroom for that."

I went red and pale at the same time. "N-n-no", I stammered, taking another step away from Brian as we walked out of the elevator. But Brian only rolled his eyes. "Don't worry Miss Johnson, I would never sleep with that jerk." 

Miss Johnson looked between us before walking into the elevator. "Well, get a good nights rest boys! Idiots..They're both idiots", she muttered the last part as the doors closed.

We locked up the door to our room and Brian threw all the bags on the chair. He walked to the bathroom to get changed and I plopped down on the bed. My feet were exhausted from walking, but I felt a surge of happiness from spending time with Brian. It felt weird to spend so much time with him, so intimately. When we were alone and he would talk to me. To me. "Gaah", I smashed my face into the pillow. Brian came out of the bathroom, yet again wearing a very revealing t shirt. "Bathrooms ready", he said as he plopped down on the opposite side of the bed and started scrolling on his phone. It felt so natural, like I could actually live like this everyday. What would it be like to get back to normal, only seeing Brian in class?

After I was done getting ready for the night, I got into bed. Brian was still looking at his phone, but he soon yawned and put it away. "Do you cuddle all your friends when you sleep?", I blurted out. I meant to ask it in a curious manner, but I ended up sounding condescending and teasing. I couldn't help it, I was nervous. Brian looked at me with a horrified expression before turning away. I opened my mouth to say he should just forget I asked, when he muttered: "I've never been to a sleep over."

I blinked in surprise. "Really?", I said. He nodded as he hid his face in his hands. "Really. Now go ahead and make fun of me." "I've never been to a sleepover either", I softly said. Brian snorted. "Ha, loser." I gave him a look. "What", he said. "I said you could make fun of me too. Tough I have to say I'm surprised Mr. Popular has never been to a sleepover before." I rolled my eyes. Despite what you think, I was not popular in middle school", I said. Brian turned to face me, face resting in the palm of his hand. 

"What do you mean? Everyone wanted to be friends with you the moment you started at our school", he looked at me with curious eyes. "Let's just say there's a reason I started in the middle of the semester", I darkly said. Brian gave me his sad puppy eyes. "Do you... wanna talk about it?", he carefully asked me. I contemplated it for a moment before shaking my head. I couldn't tell him one part of the story without the other, and I was not ready for him to know the whole story.

"Anyways, I'm not really close with my friends right now", I said. "Because your friends SUCK", Brian muttered. I huffed. "As I was saying, I'm not that close with them, so even though I have a lot of friends, we don't hang that much. And when we do, it's usually in bigger groups."

"What about you?", I asked. "Don't you have a bestfriend called Caleb or something?" "His name is Cole, and he's not my bestfriend. Or, he's my bestfriend but I'm not his. He drives me to school, and we can always talk to each other about important stuff. But Cole is a very social person. He does sports, and he goes to parties. I don't do that, so naturally he found friends who did. We're both too busy to do sleepovers anyways", he said.

I snorted. "So we're both losers?" "Talk for yourself, I chose this life. You just suck at making decent friends", Brian giggled. "I think the fact that you choose to be a loner makes you a bigger loser", I teased back. Brian yawned and stretched his hands over his head. He made himself comfortable on the bed, but unlike last night, he was turned towards me. 

"Anyways, next time you want my cuddles, you can just ask", he smirked. "Night", he whispered and closed his eyes.

A/N: If y'all think this story already has a lot of clichés, just wait til the new chapters:D No but fr I love wattpad clichés sm if they are executed well.