Blinding lights

Will's POV:

Never had I hated myself more than in this moment. And I've hated myself a lot. But I also figured this was for the best. If Brian hated me now, which he probably did, he would stay away from me. He would find someone better, someone who deserved his love. I really wanted him to be happy, even though the thought of him being with someone else broke my heart.

I would simply continue living my life. I didn't really know if I would ever get over Brian, which was a good thing. I'd live alone, unable to hurt anyone. Because I knew that being with someone I actually loved would be impossible.

I noticed I had received a text. Picking up the phone, I read the start of the message. "Hey, there's this party tonight at....." I was about to put the phone away, but I stopped. Instead, I put on a shirt and grabbed my car keys.

It was not before I drove up the last street that I registered what I was doing. The loud music and yelling woke me from my trance. I tapped out a frantic rhythm on the steering wheel. It was not too late to go home anyways. "Oh my God, Will? Hi!" Three loud thuds followed the girls muted scream through the window. She was grinning at me through the window. It was indeed too late to go home now.

I opened up my car door and stepped outside. "It's so funny running into you here! I feel like we haven't partied together in ages!", she wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me tight. I gave her an awkward chuckle. "Lauren, hey. I haven't been out much lately..", I trailed off. She reeked of alcohol and weed. Lauren was a notorious pothead, I was kinda surprised she noticed my absence. "I need to find my rabbit now, bye Will. Have fun!", she waved and ran away. Her flip flops smacked against the ground. Great, now people have seen me.

As I neared the house, I realized that Lauren was in fact right. The weekends I used to spend partying, I'd spent with Brian. But now that was gone forever, so why not party hard. I knew no one was going to wait for me at home. There had never been a better time in my life to drink away my sorrows.

I was met with greetings and slaps on the back the moment I entered the house. People were chatting in the kitchen, and the living room was basically a mosh pit. I went to the kitchen to get a drink. There was a couple bottles of booze on the counter. I examined them before pouring a bit of both into a red cup.

"You're gonna drink that?", I heard a low chuckle behind me. I turned around and glared at the guy who was standing a lot closer to me than I liked. I lifted my cup and took a sip, giving him a cold stare. It didn't seem to bother him at all. Despite being taller than him, I felt small under his gaze, trapped against him and the counter. "Oh, I see. You got an ice prince kind of vibe", he smirked. He was quite handsome. No, handsome wasn't quite the right word. He was very pretty. Pale skin, seductive dark blue eyes and pink lips curved in a playful smirk. He was the total opposite of Brian, who had deep dark eyes, thick and soft beautiful lips, a soft and naive face. Brian looked divine, like a blooming flower, but he also looked strong, like a tall mountain. Brian was a pure beauty. This boy looked mischievous. He had that glint in his eyes, and his face was small and elvish. He was not my type. At all.

The elf boy tilted his head, his eyes boring into my soul. He kinda reminded me of a cat. It fit with his eyes. "Are you gonna talk, or do I have to carry the conversation myself?", he asked. His gaze trailed down my body, and he grabbed my arm. "You seem pretty strong to me." I pulled my hand out of his grasp. "Don't touch me", I growled. He withdrew his hand, and subtly widened the distance between us. "Sorry", he smiled, looking up at me with his cat eyes. "What do you want?", I sighted. "Don't worry, I'm not interested in you", he licked his lips. I stared at him, a little offended. Why was he flirting with me then. And why didn't I go? "I'm just trying to make my "boyfriend" jealous", he explained to me, making quotation marks with his hands. "You don't have to kiss me or anything", he said. "Unless you want to", he winked at me. I gave him an annoyed expression, but made no effort to move.

The mysterious cat boy stared into the crowed. He stuck out his tongue and flipped someone off before turning to look at me again. I didn't bother trying to see who he was messing with. I just sipped my drink with a bored expression. "Jace!", a boy yelled. He pulled his arm around the cat elf boys waist. "What are you doing with him", he said in a disgusted tone. I glared back at him. My vision was getting blurry from the dim lights and alcohol. The guy looked extremely familiar. "I already wanted to beat the shit out of you, but now you're hitting on my boyfriend too?", he yelled in my face, clearly drunk. Jace sighted. "How many times do I need to tell you, I'm not your boyfriend!", the boy, apparently Jace, yelled. The guy I still couldn't recognize looked deflated for a moment, before he remembered I was there.

"I will never forgive you for how you're treating Brian, you dickfuck. You're lucking Jace is here, or I would smash your face in, you fucking coward", he scowled. Oh, that's who he is. "Cole, you don't understand", I said. "Brian has been crying his heart out because of you. The next time I see you, it's on sight bitch. I'll snap you like a glow stick", Cole made a snapping gesture with his hands as Jace dragged him away. "This party is boring, buy me slush", I could hear him order Cole as they walked away.

Brian had been crying? Because of me? Did I really mean that much to him? I never really understood to what extent his feelings for me went. I was the one who proposed to have casual sex, but I always thought he was just experimenting, and I was conveniently there. He acted like he hated me for so long, I just assumed...

Wow, how selfish. I've only looked at the situation from my point of view. I didn't want to loose Brian, but at the same time I knew I didn't deserve him. But more than anything, Brian deserved an apology. Too drunk to figure out what to do, I did what every helpless person would do. I called my mom.

A/N: Will rn📉
Also thank you for reading, please like and vote if you enjoyed<3